***Official BYU Game Discussion Thread***

Who are some of these damn fools posting in here? MR had a great strategy to start the game, had his guys ready. Then after a rough 2nd quarter made adjustments that shut down BYU and got is two quick TD's... Another thing Bo could never do. Nebraska would've allowed 3 in the 2nd half if it weren't for the final dagger, which isn't on the coaches. That was won by the BYU players, nothing more. Nothing less.

Bo didn't break a 30 year streak. Or 29, or whatever.

Bo also didn't open the year against BYU. And he almost collapsed against a Wyoming team who I think won 4 games that year.

Who are some of these damn fools posting in here? MR had a great strategy to start the game, had his guys ready. Then after a rough 2nd quarter made adjustments that shut down BYU and got is two quick TD's... Another thing Bo could never do. Nebraska would've allowed 3 in the 2nd half if it weren't for the final dagger, which isn't on the coaches. That was won by the BYU players, nothing more. Nothing less.

We played with no heart. Looked like they didn't want to be out there.

They hit us out of bounds, putting Sutton in a cart. No big deal.

Roughing the kicker. Foltz gets carted off. Let's play patty cake on the line.

We gave their BACKUP QB all of the time in the world to make a perfect pass and that's exactly what he did. We deserved this loss. Hopefully it lights a fire under this team's ass or its gonna be a long sh**ty season.

The above. We got punched out in our house. They ended two guys seasons and the team took it. Complete BS.

Are we supposed to go and injure their guys as payback? The refs allowed that to happen. If it makes you feel better Hill is done for the season too. Maybe your sick version of justice?

No. You play physical. You play hard. You play with a mean and nasty streak. You beat the a$$ of the man in front of you. Something that didn't happen on the OL or DL. You step up your game when your guy gets hurt on a cheap shot. Its a tragedy anytime a player gets hurt.

Bo didn't break a 30 year streak. Or 29, or whatever.

You're seriously talking about Bo and streaks? How long had it been since the last time we let a running back get more than 400 yards on us?

We put way more meaning into the opening game streak than it should get. Basically what the streak is: Most wins in a row against terrible teams. Look at who Wisconsin is playing tonight in their first game. Oregon and MSU played each other in the 1st game of their season one year, IIRC. Wisconsin played LSU one year. The only reason we had this streak is because we played sh*t teams.

• Fire 1

Anybody else having Cosgrove nightmares? Our DL can't generate enough pressure to play this style of defense. It should've been over when Taysom Hill went out, but we still couldn't pressure the QB.

What upset me is that we pressured Hill. He was hit several times. We had him rattled. Then we let a freshman go 76 yards in 48 seconds with no time outs. Pathetic. It seems to me that you go after a freshman and force a mistake.

We played with no heart. Looked like they didn't want to be out there.

They hit us out of bounds, putting Sutton in a cart. No big deal.

Roughing the kicker. Foltz gets carted off. Let's play patty cake on the line.

We gave their BACKUP QB all of the time in the world to make a perfect pass and that's exactly what he did. We deserved this loss. Hopefully it lights a fire under this team's ass or its gonna be a long sh**ty season.

The above. We got punched out in our house. They ended two guys seasons and the team took it. Complete BS.
Are we supposed to go and injure their guys as payback? The refs allowed that to happen. If it makes you feel better Hill is done for the season too. Maybe your sick version of justice?
No. If you read the thread, instead of setting up a straw man, you'd have seen I just wanted them to show ANY EMOTION. Instead they let BYU dictate how the game was going to be played.

I saw plenty of emotion. Our guys wanted to win dude. Stop.

Whatever bro. They looked and played like they didn't want to be there. It was obvious if you were at the game.

I saw a defense that didn't get any pressure with a 4 man front. Linebackers, or lack thereof, that couldn't contain a scrambling QB. CB'S playing very soft coverage that gave up 10 yds every pass. A safety that was MIA on many plays. Blitzes that never really made it home. The other side of the ball was just as bad. Lot of wrinkles to iron out this next week of practice. Game tape tells no lies.

I saw a defense that didn't get any pressure with a 4 man front. Linebackers, or lack thereof, that couldn't contain a scrambling QB. CB'S playing very soft coverage that gave up 10 yds every pass. A safety that was MIA on many plays. Blitzes that never really made it home. The other side of the ball was just as bad. Lot of wrinkles to iron out this next week of practice. Game tape tells no lies.

That's exactly what I saw. We must've watched the same game.

Idk if the other side of the ball was "just as bad." I was actually pleasantly surprised by the offensive production. Now, defense I completely agree with you was not up to a blackshirts defense

Idk if the other side of the ball was "just as bad." I was actually pleasantly surprised by the offensive production. Now, defense I completely agree with you was not up to a blackshirts defense