Oh well

Decked

If this was a conference game I would be more upset. It's just a non-conference game though, in the grand scheme of things this has only affected our chance to reach the playoffs. I think the fact that this was the first game of the season is what is bringing out the emotion in everyone. I understand, it's heartbreaking. Heck I was heartbroken, I wanted a win as much as anyone. Am I going to give up on this team though? Absolutely not.

We had the longest active opening game winning streak. That's something to be proud of, but let's face it, it was bound to come to an end. Heck, it almost did two years ago against Wyoming of all teams. This wasn't Wyoming, FAU, Southern Miss, or Western Kentucky. BYU is a rock solid team, with a coaching staff that has been there for years, and a heisman candidate quarterback. It was the ultimate trap game for Riley who's trying to establish new schemes and a new culture while dealing with suspensions and injuries.

What I'm trying to say is, don't give up on this team. They aren't a lost cause. We've got a coaching staff that can actually make adjustments, and is doing the things we've been begging for the past few seasons (split running back carries, give the ball to Imani, BLITZ). We've got good young players in Dedrick Young, Wilbon, Kalu, and Morgan. We've got a quarterback that I'm sure a whole lot of teams in college would take in Tommy Armstrong. We've got a potential top 10 draft pick in Maliek Collins, and an absolute playmaker in Nate Gerry. Give this offensive line a chance to gel. I know, their performance wasn't pretty at all, but we're replacing 4 starters on the offensive line. Even Alabama's offensive line struggled at the beginning of last season. We aren't going to face Taysom Hill's every week, heck I would say he's the most athletic quarterback we'll play all season. I believe, come conference play this will be a much improved football team.

The thing that bothers me the most is how similar this looked to a Pelini team. Remember blowing the Virginia Tech game. Twelve penalties :( Players just standing around on the last play making no attempt to get the ball. I can't take 7 more years of a Pellini team with the only difference being a polite head coach.

Well, Oregon State under nice Mike has had its share of penalty issues, so no surprise there to the knowledgeable.

Tommy played well, best offensive weapon we apparently have, but the 2 turnovers were, well, what we've seen the 2 previous years.

The thing that bothers me the most is how similar this looked to a Pelini team. Remember blowing the Virginia Tech game. Twelve penalties :( Players just standing around on the last play making no attempt to get the ball. I can't take 7 more years of a Pellini team with the only difference being a polite head coach.

A lotmof these guys were a Pelini team, not even a year ago. A few of them that weren't Pelinis players played very well, particularly Derrick Young.

How could you watch that game and think the only difference is that we have a nice coach? There were a lot of differences. A couple important ones to me was the tackling being much improved. The offense looked very precise and well executed at times. The defense looked entirely different, still learning, but different. I also liked how the guys came out in the third quarter and clearly fought hard. Signs of good adjustments and a no quit attitude.

Just a bummer BYU was able to come down with that ball. Nobody is hurting more than those players are, but they're going to move on to fight next week.

• Fire 2

Well, Oregon State under nice Mike has had its share of penalty issues, so no surprise there to the knowledgeable.

Tommy played well, best offensive weapon we apparently have, but the 2 turnovers were, well, what we've seen the 2 previous years.

Penalties was one of the first stats I looked up when Riley was hired, so I expected no improvement, but 12 is ridiculous. I thought TM was making freshman mistakes when he tried to get rid of the ball in such weird ways to avoid the sack. Today TA looked just like him. Scary

Penalties was one of the first stats I looked up when Riley was hired, so I expected no improvement, but 12 is ridiculous. I thought TM was making freshman mistakes when he tried to get rid of the ball in such weird ways to avoid the sack. Today TA looked just like him. Scary

Yeah, I didnt think about that, but you are correct sir.

I'm GLAD Mike Riley is nice. We might've lost a heartbreaker but at least we weren't embarrassed on national TV because our coach was yelling at the players and/or the officials. The boys didn't give up! They kept playing. That wouldn't have happened last year.

Yes, all of those school record comeback wins disagree.

I hate being nationally embarrassed, I'm so glad that nice Mike isn't a potential defendant in any lawsuit or anything that recently made the national news.

I'm GLAD Mike Riley is nice. We might've lost a heartbreaker but at least we weren't embarrassed on national TV because our coach was yelling at the players and/or the officials. The boys didn't give up! They kept playing. That wouldn't have happened last year.

I hate being nationally embarrassed, I'm so glad that nice Mike isn't a potential defendant in any lawsuit or anything that recently made the national news.

Welcome back to the board 74Hunter. Its truly a pleasure to see you are coming back for the season.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12833-1426647088-9.

Welcome back to the board 74Hunter. Its truly a pleasure to see you are coming back for the season.

I'm a Husker, where else would I be?

Thanks, maybe we should grab a beer and talk football!

I'm sure True would have a better conversation with a hedge post.

• Fire 1

Perhaps. Some of us are intelligent and live in reality, some others are into game of thrones, or whatever.

To each their own.

Hmmm...interesting. So basically, you don't like the hire? It's unfortunate that Riley is named in that lawsuit but from what I've read, he wasn't even the coach at the time that incident happen so why bring that up? The talk today won't be about that, the talk will be that our players made too many mistakes, didn't run the ball, missed field goals but it won't be about the report that Mike Riley is involved in a lawsuit.

Perhaps. Some of us are intelligent and live in reality, some others are into game of thrones, or whatever.

To each their own.

So your saying you like Game of Thrones?