Oh well

Decked

I'm GLAD Mike Riley is nice. We might've lost a heartbreaker but at least we weren't embarrassed on national TV because our coach was yelling at the players and/or the officials. The boys didn't give up! They kept playing. That wouldn't have happened last year.

Yes, all of those school record comeback wins disagree.

I hate being nationally embarrassed, I'm so glad that nice Mike isn't a potential defendant in any lawsuit or anything that recently made the national news.

Welcome back to the board 74Hunter. Its truly a pleasure to see you are coming back for the season.

I'm a Husker, where else would I be?

Thanks, maybe we should grab a beer and talk football!

I'm sure True would have a better conversation with a hedge post.

Perhaps. Some of us are intelligent and live in reality, some others are into game of thrones, or whatever.

To each their own.

D8T9aO5.gif

• Fire 1

I'm GLAD Mike Riley is nice. We might've lost a heartbreaker but at least we weren't embarrassed on national TV because our coach was yelling at the players and/or the officials. The boys didn't give up! They kept playing. That wouldn't have happened last year.

Yes, all of those school record comeback wins disagree.

I hate being nationally embarrassed, I'm so glad that nice Mike isn't a potential defendant in any lawsuit or anything that recently made the national news.

Welcome back to the board 74Hunter. Its truly a pleasure to see you are coming back for the season.

I'm a Husker, where else would I be?

Thanks, maybe we should grab a beer and talk football!

I'm sure True would have a better conversation with a hedge post.

Perhaps. Some of us are intelligent and live in reality, some others are into game of thrones, or whatever.

To each their own.

So your saying you like Game of Thrones?

To be quite honest, I have no idea what that even is. If it weren't for the knobs on USC talking about it, I wouldn't even know of it.

As far as I'm concerned it's the same as dungeons and dragons.

The field goal kicker didn't help any! If he would of made the field goals, it would of been a win! Hope he practices, because he was lousy!

I'm not ready to give up on Brown yet. Ficken at PSU couldn't buy a FG one year. Went 0-5 in his debut or something like that. Now he's not too bad. Kickers are all head cases anyway so who knows what they will do.

The thing that bothers me the most is how similar this looked to a Pelini team. Remember blowing the Virginia Tech game. Twelve penalties :( Players just standing around on the last play making no attempt to get the ball. I can't take 7 more years of a Pellini team with the only difference being a polite head coach.

A lotmof these guys were a Pelini team, not even a year ago. A few of them that weren't Pelinis players played very well, particularly Derrick Young.

How could you watch that game and think the only difference is that we have a nice coach? There were a lot of differences. A couple important ones to me was the tackling being much improved. The offense looked very precise and well executed at times. The defense looked entirely different, still learning, but different. I also liked how the guys came out in the third quarter and clearly fought hard. Signs of good adjustments and a no quit attitude.

Just a bummer BYU was able to come down with that ball. Nobody is hurting more than those players are, but they're going to move on to fight next week.

Holy crap! Finally, a voice of reason.

New Coach, new staff, new scheme, and an opening game with a team that far outstrips any opener in the last two decades. Even in '97 we played Akron for our season opener. I saw many things to be happy about in this game and I think that Riley will make adjustments, and we will be a better team each week.

I for one, am excited to see where our team is at the end of the year.