Which hurt worse - this game or Wisconsin loss?

Dagerow

You know what hurt the most? USC 2006. That game was embarrassing on multiple levels. It was embarrassing because you could tell Callahan all but made a deal with Carroll. Something to the extent of 'Look, I know you'll beat us BADLY tomorrow, so if I play the blandest laziest game in my career, will you go easy on us?'

I'm still convinced that's what happened, because Callahan did absolutely nothing that game. Multiple times that game Zac Taylor looked like he wanted to stab Callahan in the eye, because he wasn't being allowed to try anything fancy. That wasn't just a bad game, that was a mockery of a game. I'll take a close but bittersweet loss like this over having to repeat that cancer of a season again.

There was a drive early on where we were gaining momentum and a USC player faked an injury. All the air let out of the stadium and it never came back. I'm sick of the fans in the stadium being so damn gun shy. Today, they were completely quiet until Foltz got hurt. Hey, when your team isn't doing well, that's when they need you the most! Don't just sit on your hands and play little red schoolhouse.

As for which game hurt more, Wisconsin, most definitely. I expected both games to be tough and wouldn't have been surprised with a loss. I was shocked at the team just laying down at Wisconsin though.

2006 was when NE played at USC, you're thinking of 2007 when it was the battle of offenses because both teams' defense blew that year.

You know what hurt the most? USC 2006. That game was embarrassing on multiple levels. It was embarrassing because you could tell Callahan all but made a deal with Carroll. Something to the extent of 'Look, I know you'll beat us BADLY tomorrow, so if I play the blandest laziest game in my career, will you go easy on us?'

I'm still convinced that's what happened, because Callahan did absolutely nothing that game. Multiple times that game Zac Taylor looked like he wanted to stab Callahan in the eye, because he wasn't being allowed to try anything fancy. That wasn't just a bad game, that was a mockery of a game. I'll take a close but bittersweet loss like this over having to repeat that cancer of a season again.

There was a drive early on where we were gaining momentum and a USC player faked an injury. All the air let out of the stadium and it never came back. I'm sick of the fans in the stadium being so damn gun shy. Today, they were completely quiet until Foltz got hurt. Hey, when your team isn't doing well, that's when they need you the most! Don't just sit on your hands and play little red schoolhouse.

As for which game hurt more, Wisconsin, most definitely. I expected both games to be tough and wouldn't have been surprised with a loss. I was shocked at the team just laying down at Wisconsin though.

2006 was when NE played at USC, you're thinking of 2007 when it was the battle of offenses because both teams' defense blew that year.

Indeed. My bad.

Texas 2009 for sure! chuckleshuffle

This game was fun! It was inspiring to watch the defense get mad after Sam Foltz got hurt, come back and just play tough Nebraska defense. Yeah, we made mistakes but better now than when we play a B1G team. Just think how cool it's going to be when the boys that were suspended come back and D'Morney...wow, it's going to be excellent! I also hope Coach Riley plays some of the other quarterbacks to see what else we might have in that category. That Wilbon (sp?) kid is fun to watch!

Yeah, I was disappointed too but hopeful! If the boys wouldn't have tried I would've been really mad but they tried! They didn't quit! We always say on this board that it's not the lost but the way we lose. I would much rather go down fighting than to just give up.

GO BIG RED!!!!

Texas 2009 for sure! chuckleshuffle

This game was fun! It was inspiring to watch the defense get mad after Sam Foltz got hurt, come back and just play tough Nebraska defense. Yeah, we made mistakes but better now than when we play a B1G team. Just think how cool it's going to be when the boys that were suspended come back and D'Morney...wow, it's going to be excellent! I also hope Coach Riley plays some of the other quarterbacks to see what else we might have in that category. That Wilbon (sp?) kid is fun to watch!

Yeah, I was disappointed too but hopeful! If the boys wouldn't have tried I would've been really mad but they tried! They didn't quit! We always say on this board that it's not the lost but the way we lose. I would much rather go down fighting than to just give up.

GO BIG RED!!!!

Why would you want to see other QBs when Tommy looked fine today. Except in the second quarter I thought he played really well

I think the Wisconsin game hurt and this one was just a stunner to see them score, it was really hard to watch after they caught the pass. I still take Wisconsin because we had a two touchdown lead and they doubled are score by the end of the game.

The only thing that hurt about this one was the Hail Mary. You just don't expect that play to work. Teams have gotten a lot better at that in the last couple years.

Overall this one didn't hurt that much. Seeing the mouth breathers crawl out of the woodwork hurts more.

I think it's actually that teams have gotten worse at defending it.

This loss. Not even close. I saw that Wisconsin loss coming for a month prior to such. Maybe not quite that bad. But I was preachin a 3 score loss starting with the Northwestern win. As well as Minnesota loss.

I advise some perspective and calmness. It's one game folks. some good things. Some bad things. Things to build on. Things to sulk on. All I say is that we just got done giving a guys a 7 full years of excuses leading ALL the way up to 9 months ago (and in many cases, still to this very day). I can come up with a damn laundry list of excuses for today. Perspective folks. Let's roll with it. Not to mention the most legit season opening opponent since 2003. And not even close.