Ok....go on record.....are we done???

mwj98

The whole purpose of the tooic was to see how folks are feeling. Yea, hail mary loss sux, but our team fought back, didnt give up and showed signs of getting their stuff together. Proud of this team. Very proud. Besides, BYU is a bunch of 25-30 y/o anyway. Insert sarcasm.

We will be fine this year. We all complained about tackling over the years and how we were fundamentally unsound with Bo. We looked so much better yesterday in that category.

Look, its tough to swallow. But i feel so much better about this team than i have under Bo that i will take it. We will be fine. Offense line will get better. This staff makes adjustments.

I will forget about the 2nd quarter. Horrible. But thats football. Wonder how Coach Stong feels this morning.

GBR!

I'm done. I saw things that are going to get picked apart in B1G play. No run game, relying on throws across the field (MSU will have a field day with those), getting stupid when all you need are a few yards, poor pass pro... I guess they know how to set plays up though.

Defense was awful. Superior athletes and we give up that many yards? Guys need safety help over the top. Why are you daring them to throw when they're recievers are taller and they can't run the ball?

It's going to be a long season folks... I have hope for the offense, but the defense is not an upgrade.

safety help over the top is what gets you gashed for 4 bills in a hair over two quarters. Big ten? You stop the run first in the big ten. We did that. Youre gonna give up big plays. We gave up big pass plays all the time in the Mcbride days, but no one wants to admit it. That'd be revisionist. Dont be done man. Youre smarter than that.

I'm not done with my Huskers. I'll never be, that's in my blood. But this defense, schematically isn't an upgrade (imo). Yes we need to stop the run in the B1G, but this wasn't a B1G opponent. In this day and age you need to be versitile. They had zero running game, but we didn't try to force them to run. We said you pass it, and we died by 380 cuts.

I hope I'm overreacting and will be so wrong, but it seems like before we died by the run, and now we're going to die by the pass. If not for an athlete making a play (Nate's pick) we never would have been back in it.

Don't confuse this with the wanting Bo back crowd. I'm glad he's gone, he was a cancer, but better choices likely could have been made by Riley.

How is this fan base supposedly the "best and smartest in the country" when a lot of them seem to be nothing but a bunch of ignorant front running drama queens.

This is the same fan base that wanted Frankie London to start over Frost. Same fan base that almost drove Dr. Tom to take the Colorado job, while he was winning 9+ games a year and finishing in the top 15 annually.

Let that sink in for a moment and get back to me.

Classiest, probably.

Best and smartest.....................

BYU was one of the games I was unsure about, season opener and with a new coach, not to mention BYU is a better team than folks want to give them credit for. I felt BYU would be a close game, and whoever scored last would win. Though i never would have thought a last second TD would be that last score. So I give credit where it is due, to BYU for the win.

I do think that Nebraska drops at least 4 or 5 more this season. With losses to Miami, Wisconsin, Michigan St. Minnesota, and possibly Iowa. I say possibly Iowa because just like the BYU game, it will be close and whoever scores last will win. Let's just hope if there is a last second TD, it goes for the Huskers.

Day after a loss is always interesting.

I was worried at the end of the 2nd quarter. After Brown's (first) missed fg, I didn't feel a comeback. I didn't feel like they could do it. But they did it. Despite the fact that there are issues, the fact that a comeback occurred on the first game of a first year in all new schemes against a team that definitely isn't a pushover. That's BIG. It sounds to me like Mike Riley might have never had a team capable of a comeback the way that we came back. Which is why he might have sounded so optimistic. (I don't know if that's a true statement or not, don't know is OSU made comebacks or not).

Ok....go on record.....are we done???

I think if you really believe this is a 10-2 or better team, then yeah, you may believe the season is over.

However, I still see reason to believe we can achieve, at least, 8-4, and lay the ground work for better future seasons. There was still some stupidity today, but I felt it was a less amount than I've grown accustomed to seeing.

I see us at 12-2 for the season. mark it.