The Family Curse Continues

I know especially now, after such a hard lost nobody really cares but I just wanted to share this.

Before today the last time Nebraska lost it's opening game was on a hot day in 1985 to Florida State, the first game played after the birth of my younger brother.

Four years earlier Nebraska loses it's first game of the year and of my life by fumbling away it's opening season game against Iowa. I had a life long hatred of Iowa that I never could quite explain until I found this out in my early teens.

Four years before that, Nebraska loses it's opening game against Alabama, the first game played after my wife was born.

Today's game was the first game played after the birth of my first child.....

Also, first game played after my dad was born? Well he was born in the 50's ........so yeah, the curse goes back to there too.

I'm curious about the birth year of my grandfather, but I'm pretty sure he was born in Michigan and never cared about football (or sports in general).

Thanks for letting me share.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

• 2 years later...

A new head coach, and a new son for me whose first game is tomorrow. The last chance (Unless something 'accidentally' happens) until I have grand kids for the curse to be broken. That could make it stretch to the 80 year mark

I think if the curse continues I might just go get snipped. 

I forgot to mention years ago after Rileys BYU loss that my mother was born just before the Devaney era, so.....yep she qualifies as well. Also fun fact, my dad was the only one born during a football season.....and during a 7 game losing streak.........ouch. 

Also find it interesting that another Bowden is coming to town, this time Terry and Akron instead of Bobby and FSU.

I'd like to save this thread after we win (hopefully) and so I can show my son some day how he became my lil' curse breaker, esp. after everything I've been through these last two years. 

So please send well wishes to future little RMR, ask him about hoverboards and future stuff. 

Oh, and sorry @DrunkOffPunch for not following orders. 

Thanks letting me share,....again. 

• Plus1 2

37 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

A new head coach, and a new son for me whose first game is tomorrow. The last chance (Unless something 'accidentally' happens) until I have grand kids for the curse to be broken. That could make it stretch to the 80 year mark

I think if the curse continues I might just go get snipped. 

I forgot to mention years ago after Rileys BYU loss that my mother was born just before the Devaney era, so.....yep she qualifies as well. Also fun fact, my dad was the only one born during a football season.....and during a 7 game losing streak.........ouch. 

Also find it interesting that another Bowden is coming to town, this time Terry and Akron instead of Bobby and FSU.

I'd like to save this thread after we win (hopefully) and so I can show my son some day how he became my lil' curse breaker, esp. after everything I've been through these last two years. 

So please send well wishes to future little RMR, ask him about hoverboards and future stuff. 

Oh, and sorry @DrunkOffPunch for not following orders. 

Thanks letting me share,....again. 

Div1 soccer player here, if they lose then I will take care of you having any more, a swift boot and youre done and I will get the younger ones after so we can end the curse haha.

• Plus1 1