Screw you complainers

knapplc

One of the big knocks against the previous staff was that winning nine games here, with our schedule was no big deal. The 9 wins were built in, any idiot could fall out of bed and luck his way into 9 wins.

Are we changing that narrative now?

If this staff is better than the last, then there is no reason not to expect immediate returns on their expertise.

Speaking of narratives . . .

As for the second paragraph, let's just say that besides the inherent issues at Nebraska (small population, cold, remote, B1G affiliation) let's just say that one of his superiors isn't doing Bo any favors, on the contrary, he is sand bagging the program, for lack of a better word. I've heard this from numerous people, some public, some in private. And, if you connect the dots along with everything that has been said, it's fairly obvious.

• Fire 3

Well that's just weird.

February, 2014:

As for the second paragraph, let's just say that besides the inherent issues at Nebraska (small population, cold, remote, B1G affiliation) let's just say that one of his superiors isn't doing Bo any favors, on the contrary, he is sand bagging the program, for lack of a better word. I've heard this from numerous people, some public, some in private. And, if you connect the dots along with everything that has been said, it's fairly obvious.

September, 2015

... these EXCUSES don't fly. They haven't for the last 14 years, still don't.

I was pumped for this game and season, drinking the Koolaid, looking forward to the new regime, etc. But we're now Oregon State east.

• Fire 4

If Nebraska's performance so far this year was evaluated or looked at as a criminal case in court, it appears some here would convict them without allowing the evidence to support a contrary decision could be made or at the very least, some are already swayed enough to be prompting the other jurors that we are guilty because you just know it. What happened in Corvallis is a moot point here in Nebraska. I get it that some are tying the records as evidence to support the MR is not the coach we should have went after and that he will not show any better results than BP, but I respectfully disagree or at least it is my hope.

Bottom line for me here is: While I sit back and wait to see how this season unfolds, I can at least enjoy my Husker team, drink few beers while visiting with friends and family and not have to worry about our head coach making every Nebraskan look like a bunch of douche hammers. Yes, I want to win, I want to win them all but I have to say that, more than just winning, I want the respect that we once had of being a class act institution.

For that reason alone, I feel we already are better off than where we were 1 year ago at this same time. I would guess the kids on our team would also concur that not having to worry about Bo's tirades is something they don't miss and makes it more enjoyable for them as players and as a team. How might this effect future recruiting efforts is an unknown at this moment but at least when our coaches go to a home visit, they don't have to apologize for their head coaches behavior before they are allowed in the front door.

Well that's just weird.

February, 2014:

September, 2015

I was pumped for this game and season, drinking the Koolaid, looking forward to the new regime, etc. But we're now Oregon State east.

Yeah. Looks like excuses work for one guy . . . but the next guy needs to show IMMEDIATE production.

I think that qualifies.

stock-footage-grinding-the-axe.jpg

• Fire 2

Well that's just weird.

February, 2014:

September, 2015

Yeah. Looks like excuses work for one guy . . . but the next guy needs to show IMMEDIATE production.

I think that qualifies.

It's called being consistent. They were supposedly excuses under the previous staff, so I'm being consistent with that narrative. Didn't fly then, didn't fly for Billy C. or Frank, shouldn't fly now.

• Fire 1

Well that's just weird.

February, 2014:

September, 2015

I think that qualifies.

It's called being consistent. They were supposedly excuses under the previous staff, so I'm being consistent with that narrative. Didn't fly then, didn't fly for Billy C. or Frank, shouldn't fly now.

:laughpound

Wait......wha????

• Fire 2

Just thought I'd point out here how Bo Pelini has a number of players on his YSU roster that have Power 5 conference playing experience, and he coached them up so well that he had to go to overtime to beat Robert Morris last week, a team that went 1-10 in 2014.

If Riley's past record dictates how he will perform at Nebraska what does Pelini's current record say about how he would have done here this year?

• Fire 1

Not reading this whole mess of a thread, so apologies if this has already been covered.... but to 74Hunter and teacherCD and whoever else is sprouting this nonsense of Riley being a worse coach than Pelini:

Let's talk Tommy Armstrong. This coaching staff has done more to develop a competent QB in a few months than Bo's coaching staffs did in 7 years. That guy does not even look like the same player out there from 2014 to 2015. Seriously. Let's ride this thing out for a year or two, then we can see where we are. So far Armstrong is competent and NOT a turnover machine, and that's a substantial improvement on any QB Bo had (not named Joey Ganz, a fifth-year senior who came pre-coached). That's enough for me to look at this year in a positive mindset.

• Fire 5

Not reading this whole mess of a thread, so apologies if this has already been covered.... but to 74Hunter and teacherCD and whoever else is sprouting this nonsense of Riley being a worse coach than Pelini:

Let's talk Tommy Armstrong. This coaching staff has done more to develop a competent QB in a few months than Bo's coaching staffs did in 7 years. That guy does not even look like the same player out there from 2014 to 2015. Seriously. Let's ride this thing out for a year or two, then we can see where we are. So far Armstrong is competent and NOT a turnover machine, and that's a substantial improvement on any QB Bo had (not named Joey Ganz, a fifth-year senior who came pre-coached). That's enough for me to look at this year in a positive mindset.

Not to mention improved tackling on the other side of the ball.

• Fire 3

And recognizing in less than two games that you have to stop the run to win this conference, and implementing a system to do just that.

• Fire 3

And recognizing in less than two games that you have to stop the run to win this conference, and implementing a system to do just that.

And...somehow more of our WR have learned how to run routs and catch balls.

• Fire 3
Go to pretty much any other teams message board and ask about firing a 9/10 win coach and the entitlement mentality.

Go back and see what Urb said about our,job the last time we fired a 9/10 win coach. Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

Be careful what you wish for. If you think that we are irrelevant now, go ahead and fire Bo after another 9 win season, we'll be Minnesota 2.0.

I'm confused. Are we Oregon State East or Minnesota 2.0? :ahhhhhhhh