Screw you complainers

knapplc

Being a fan is supposed to be fun. Believe it or not, you choose your attitude towards something. Now, I have to assume that all fans WANT to have fun. So, if a fan or group of fans have a really negative attitude towards a coaching staff long before they ever even coach a game or one or two games into their tenure, I have to believe those fans chose to have that attitude.

What absolutely baffles me is why someone chooses to have fun being so negative against something that hasn't even proven if they deserve that negativity.

I agree, BRB. Just let those people wallow in their sorrows. I'll be right next you you, cheering my a** off for our Huskers!

• Fire 3

Being a fan is supposed to be fun. Believe it or not, you choose your attitude towards something. Now, I have to assume that all fans WANT to have fun. So, if a fan or group of fans have a really negative attitude towards a coaching staff long before they ever even coach a game or one or two games into their tenure, I have to believe those fans chose to have that attitude.

What absolutely baffles me is why someone chooses to have fun being so negative against something that hasn't even proven if they deserve that negativity.

I agree, BRB. Just let those people wallow in their sorrows. I'll be right next you you, cheering my a** off for our Huskers!

It's ok, people are arguing just to argue.

Me? I'm excited about what awaits. I'm taking two separate trips this year to see the Huskers (Miami and Iowa), and taking my oldest to his very first Husker game. Can't wait.

Well; I guess those of us who are in the wait and see mode while recognizing some of the improvements we have seen in the first 2 games should prepare ourselves for an almighty "The Sky Is Falling" if we happen to lose this weekend. You can argue what ever point that floats your boat here and probably throw some number or stats to support your point but the bottom line here is that while none of us (Pro MR or Con MR) are going to be satisfied with status quo, ultimately we will all experience the end results together!

I will remain on the optimistic side enjoying Husker tailgates and the games with my eyes looking for improvements and hoping for wins while some will be watching/bitching/moaning/crying out loud as so they can grab the attention they are looking for while pronouncing "see, I was right, I told you so".

I wonder, who's tailgate will be most popular? Sad thing is, in today world, it's a toss up!

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, just my stance on Knapps original post!

• Fire 1

Saunders & Q-

I think I've made my position clear. I'm not going to respond to all your ever changing stipulations of the discussion. I have never once said people have to be 100% bought in to Riley. I understand having some reservations about his previous track record. I understand that some people would've preferred that someone else was hired for the job. What I don't understand and won't accept is the contempt and vitriol and animosity being directed at a man who has not been given a chance to prove what he can do here. I don't understand how some "fans" can have watched these first 2 games and not be a little bit excited that things appear to be headed in a better direction. If their take away from the night and day difference of the change from Pelini to Riley and the first 2 games is just to piss, moan, and bitch..... sorry, I don't get it. And yeah, I would just as soon those people STFU because it is a ludicrous position to hold given all the circumstances.

.....and I'm done because this sumbitch is done beat to death.

I don't know if either of us has "ever changing stipulations," but perhaps it seems that way when people respond to your strawperson arguments and rambling.

JJ is spot on, you..................not so much

• Fire 2

Hey you guys!

Everyone needs to listen.

You won't want to miss this.

Gosh there is a lot of silly bickering

Only thing I care about is the kids wearing the N winning games.

Banish all this nonsense of who is right and who is wrong

I just want to root for my team and have a good time.

Good or bad, we're all fans of DONU

Really hope we win this week.

Earning a win this week could really get us on the right track heading towards B1G play in a couple weeks

Don't sweat the small stuff and just wear red and be loud!

I just wanted to post some rambling ridiculousness like everyone else

• Fire 8

No, sir. What you're saying is the precise opposite of being consistent and your bald-faced claims to the contrary won't change that.

Your feelings and your opinion are fine but for goodness sake please be honest about it. You think that Bo Pelini got a raw deal and that he is/was a better coach than Mike Riley. I have no doubt that you have your reasons (which probably include hours of sports talk radio) for thinking that. That said, don't pretend to be fair and balanced when you've made excuses for one and then insisted that there can be no excuses for the other.

Own it.

It's unfortunate that nothing you've said is true. I'm following the narrative that has been going around here for years. Not my narrative, but whatever.

And I'm on the record for saying that Bo needed to go.

If you'd bother to inform yourself then you might just learn that most of the talking heads around these parts speak well of Riley and staff. I realize that you don't feel that people who have access to the program ( many who have played or coached the game at the highest levels) and relate their opinions over the air are as credible as a random message board poster who's never laced up a pair of cleats, but often times former NFLers know a little about the game. Sorry, In don't have an internet link for you, so I'm sure you won't buy into that theory.

And to set the record, again, to form my opinion, I've simply checked out what this staff has done. Bill parcels said you are what your record says it is.

The nice thing about that internet link that you mentioned is that people can go read it for themselves.

Unfortunately for your argument, that also means that they can go read your past posts for themselves. The contradictions are undeniable.

Anyways. Grind away at that axe and keep claiming that the people who played, coached, opined, and laced up their cleats agree with you . . . without ever bothering to demonstrate the same. I'm sure that people will find that more convincing than your radically different standards posted side-by-side. :lol:

• Fire 4

Hey you guys!

Earning a win this week could really get us on the right track heading towards B1G play in a couple weeks

+1

Hey you guys!

You're no Walt Whitman but it's a nice poem.

It's not like we haven't been here before. When Solich was fired and Clownahan hired, we went through similar circumstances. I would assume the criticisms might get rather loud if Riley has a first year similar to Clownahan. If Riley duplicates the previous regime's record, most will hold out until at least year two or three.

Honestly, I kinda enjoyed Callahan's second and third seasons. Loved the beatdown of Colorado in Boulder in 2005, followed by the bowl win against higher ranked Michigan. We spent most of 2006 ranked in the Top 25, had an exciting comeback win against #24 Texas A&M in College Station and lost by a total of 5 points to #5 Texas and #10 Auburn. Plenty of good players on those teams. Felt like we'd turned a corner.

Callahan needed a full four seasons to prove himself the biggest mistake in history.

It's not like we haven't been here before. When Solich was fired and Clownahan hired, we went through similar circumstances. I would assume the criticisms might get rather loud if Riley has a first year similar to Clownahan. If Riley duplicates the previous regime's record, most will hold out until at least year two or three.

Honestly, I kinda enjoyed Callahan's second and third seasons. Loved the beatdown of Colorado in Boulder in 2005, followed by the bowl win against higher ranked Michigan. We spent most of 2006 ranked in the Top 25, had an exciting comeback win against #24 Texas A&M in College Station and lost by a total of 5 points to #5 Texas and #10 Auburn. Plenty of good players on those teams. Felt like we'd turned a corner.

Callahan needed a full four seasons to prove himself the biggest mistake in history.

Every coach we have had has had their moments that I thoroughly enjoyed.

• Fire 1

And even then, Cosgrove appeared to be Callahans biggest mistake IMO. I thought our offense was great in concept and schematically, just needed a damn QB to run it.

And even then, Cosgrove appeared to be Callahans biggest mistake IMO. I thought our offense was great in concept and schematically, just needed a damn QB to run it.

Callahan made quite a few faux pas off the field too, such as criticizing Osborne. But he finally got his QB (too late) when Keller got hurt and Ganz stepped up.