What made BYU the better team on Saturday?

RedSavage

Since the game I've had this conversation with a couple people and am curious what others think. Did BYU out athlete NU on Saturday? There were certainly times it looked that way. If so, was the recruiting really that bad under Bo? I'm of the opinion that we should EASILY be able to out recruit the likes of the BYU's of the world. If that's the case, its once again, another glaring example of how we should have gotten rid of BP long before we did.

Or

Are we the better team and it was more the coaching transition, adjusting to the new scheme, young and inexperienced players at a lot of positions, lack of depth, etc.?

As Knapp said in the other thread - they, BYU, had all of the advantages - experience, tall receivers, stable transition from last year, the same system, and again - experience (few freshmen) We had lost our # 1 all time receiver, our # 2 all time RB from last year, our leading special teams guy out wt injury, coach transition, a new system and - lack of experience - starting 4 true freshmen and playing 7. I do think the lack of starting game experience really hurt us when you start that many OL wtout game starting experience and we had RBs which had not started a game.

• Fire 1

As Knapp said in the other thread - they, BYU, had all of the advantages - experience, tall receivers, stable transition from last year, the same system, and again - experience (few freshmen) We had lost our # 1 all time receiver, our # 2 all time RB from last year, our leading special teams guy out wt injury, coach transition, a new system and - lack of experience - starting 4 true freshmen and playing 7. I do think the lack of starting game experience really hurt us when you start that many OL wtout game starting experience and we had RBs which had not started a game.

Not only few freshmen, but their freshmen were the age of our juniors.

Because BYU scored more points than NU did.

Honestly, it seemed like these 2 teams were pretty evenly matched. BYU had the better starting QB and tall receivers that were a difficult matchup. NU came back in the 2nd half due to some injuries and lack of depth from BYU. In the end, NU didn't finish the game and left the door open for the BYU Hail Mary.

I swear I was so upset at the end last 7 mins people in stands around me where like just run out the time!

Its like are we that scared of BYU - would TO have done that or would he have kept taking shots at the end zone and keep running the offense and have faith in our defense?

Some of the calls Saturday literally hurt my head to even think about.

3 6'5 tall recievers.

3 man pass rush on the last drive plus the fact that our secondary wasnt covering much of any thing with a pulse 75% of the time made them better then us.

All in all the loss sucked and it is what it is.. We will bounce back and win 9-10 games. I like what I seen for the most part. We will get it going..

We didn't have an answer to their tall WRs. Especially on the last play.

Maybe put pressure on there true freshman QB so he does not have all day to pass the ball?

Maybe make it a track meet with the pressure have faith in our D not leave the last play of the game to a glorified game of 500? (or what ever that game is where you have a group of guys and just throw ball into the crowd)