Catching up with Cory "Porkchop" Ross

Some of you are kidding about Callahan being a good coach right? Cause those 4 years under him were pretty awful. I must have stopped watching the game a half dozen times in 2007 alone. I only did that once (Wisconsin 2014) during Bo's 7 years. IMO they both needed to go, but if we're saying Callahan was a pretty good coach, then Bo must have been great.

Some of you are kidding about Callahan being a good coach right? Cause those 4 years under him were pretty awful. I must have stopped watching the game a half dozen times in 2007 alone. I only did that once (Wisconsin 2014) during Bo's 7 years. IMO they both needed to go, but if we're saying Callahan was a pretty good coach, then Bo must have been great.

Well you must not realize that Frank the tank left Callahan with very little talent. That is why he had to sign so many JUCO's just so we could put a team on the field. The problem was that a lot of them graduated after 2006 and with playing 10 bowl teams in 2007, that wasn't a good combo at all. Coz sucked and did have to be replaced because his defenses weren't good at Wisky either as how hard can it be to play defense when you have Ron Dayne killing the clock on offense? I just think that it is unfair that he gets blamed for a lot of the damage that Frank did to the program. If you want to blame him for Coz and losing his team in 2007, that is more than fair. Everything else is on Frank due to his lazy recruiting and allowing the program to get lazy under him.

Looking back at the Callahan era, it was not good. Frankly, his teams pretty much sucked, except for a decent year in 2006 when NU won the Big 12 North. I can't believe that people are looking back at his teams with more admiration that the Bo era. Callahan was decent at bringing in talent, but he had no idea what to do with them once they got to NU.

I get the feeling that when it is all said and done we will have some NU fans trying to tell us that Bo really never even won a single game in 7 years.

None that mattered.

"Pelini’s era is defined by victories you don’t remember and losses that you do."

-Tom Shatel, Omaha World-Herald, Nov. 16, 2014

• Fire 1

Looking back at the Callahan era, it was not good. Frankly, his teams pretty much sucked, except for a decent year in 2006 when NU won the Big 12 North. I can't believe that people are looking back at his teams with more admiration that the Bo era. Callahan was decent at bringing in talent, but he had no idea what to do with them once they got to NU.

I get the feeling that when it is all said and done we will have some NU fans trying to tell us that Bo really never even won a single game in 7 years.

None that mattered.[/qu

Every game matters

• Fire 1

Well you must not realize that Frank the tank left Callahan with very little talent. That is why he had to sign so many JUCO's just so we could put a team on the field. The problem was that a lot of them graduated after 2006 and with playing 10 bowl teams in 2007, that wasn't a good combo at all. Coz sucked and did have to be replaced because his defenses weren't good at Wisky either as how hard can it be to play defense when you have Ron Dayne killing the clock on offense? I just think that it is unfair that he gets blamed for a lot of the damage that Frank did to the program. If you want to blame him for Coz and losing his team in 2007, that is more than fair. Everything else is on Frank due to his lazy recruiting and allowing the program to get lazy under him.

It's not Bo's fault, if Callahan would have been a better coach we wouldn't have had to fire him. But it's not really Callahan's fault we had to fire him because Frank didn't leave him any talent to begin with. But it's not Frank's fault, because Osborne hand picked him to be Nebraska's next head coach...

Oh my god. This is all Osborne's fault!

... Callahan was a bad coach. And perhaps I'm being harsh, so I'll give him being an "okay" coach. But if he was a good coach, he would have won more. Now of course I'm just talking about his time at Nebraska. For all I know the guy could be a great pee wee football coach for a bunch ten year old Canadian kids. Who knows?