***Miami Game Discussion***

Pretty empty stadium...

I believe the enrollment @ Nebraska exceeds 50,000. The enrollment @ the U is around 10,000.

A quick wikipedia or google search would tell you you're way the hell off.

Sorry, the 10,000 I quoted was approx. undergrad figure. The total enrollment @ the U based on 2014 figures is 16,418 and the 9-8-14 total enrollment at Nebraska was reported at 51,215.......so not "way the hell off" Husker!!! Obviously, the point is, Nebraska is much larger, plus you have NO pro teams for competition.....do you even have another college with a D1 football team in the State of Nebraska?

Pretty empty stadium...

I believe the enrollment @ Nebraska exceeds 50,000. The enrollment @ the U is around 10,000. Very small university located in the heart of Coral Gables which is the Beverly Hills of FL. We have a high number of both out-of-state and international students. In addition, we have pro football, basketball, baseball and soccer teams all competing for the dollar. This is by no means a college-type town. It is a private university and very expensive, negating the ability of many locals to be able to afford the tuition fees. Regardless of the fact that unless it is UF, FSU or Notre Dame. we generally have a turnout of around 40,000 which is not bad considering all factors. Surprisingly, this does not seem to affect recruiting.

Nebraska showed a lot of grit in the 2nd half come-back which garnered a lot of respect from the U fans, plus I was surprised at the conditioning of your players. It was probably around 100 degrees down on the field and they never let up or drooped! Good luck in the remainder of your games. You have a gutsy group of players who will only improve as the year progresses.

Well, no, UNL has 25,000 and Miami has 15,000 (and almost 10,000 staff).

Pretty empty stadium...

I believe the enrollment @ Nebraska exceeds 50,000. The enrollment @ the U is around 10,000.

A quick wikipedia or google search would tell you you're way the hell off.

Sorry, the 10,000 I quoted was approx. undergrad figure. The total enrollment @ the U based on 2014 figures is 16,418 and the 9-8-14 total enrollment at Nebraska was reported at 51,215.......so not "way the hell off" Husker!!! Obviously, the point is, Nebraska is much larger, plus you have NO pro teams for competition.....do you even have another college with a D1 football team in the State of Nebraska?

Nebraska's University system is not the same thing as UNL. You might be conflating those two.

Pretty empty stadium...

I believe the enrollment @ Nebraska exceeds 50,000. The enrollment @ the U is around 10,000. Very small university located in the heart of Coral Gables which is the Beverly Hills of FL. We have a high number of both out-of-state and international students. In addition, we have pro football, basketball, baseball and soccer teams all competing for the dollar. This is by no means a college-type town. It is a private university and very expensive, negating the ability of many locals to be able to afford the tuition fees. Regardless of the fact that unless it is UF, FSU or Notre Dame. we generally have a turnout of around 40,000 which is not bad considering all factors. Surprisingly, this does not seem to affect recruiting.

Nebraska showed a lot of grit in the 2nd half come-back which garnered a lot of respect from the U fans, plus I was surprised at the conditioning of your players. It was probably around 100 degrees down on the field and they never let up or drooped! Good luck in the remainder of your games. You have a gutsy group of players who will only improve as the year progresses.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/8/university-of-nebraska-enrollment-at-21-year-high/

Pretty empty stadium...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/8/university-of-nebraska-enrollment-at-21-year-high/

from your link

Enrollment increased by 2.3 percent at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, to slightly more than 25,000 students. The University of Nebraska Medical Center saw its student body grow by 0.4 percent, to nearly 3,700, and the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture’s reported a 28 percent increase, with 384 students.

The student numbers at the University of Nebraska at Kearney decreased by 2.1 percent, to more than 6,900, while the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s numbers remained unchanged at more than 15,200.

Pretty empty stadium...

from your link

Enrollment increased by 2.3 percent at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, to slightly more than 25,000 students. The University of Nebraska Medical Center saw its student body grow by 0.4 percent, to nearly 3,700, and the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture’s reported a 28 percent increase, with 384 students.

The student numbers at the University of Nebraska at Kearney decreased by 2.1 percent, to more than 6,900, while the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s numbers remained unchanged at more than 15,200.

By GRANT SCHULTE - Associated Press - Monday, September 8, 2014

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Student enrollment at the University of Nebraska has grown to its highest level in 21 years, according to a report released Monday.

The university announced that the total student population reached 51,215, a 1 percent increase from the fall of last year and the largest number since 1993.

Pretty empty stadium...

from your link

By GRANT SCHULTE - Associated Press - Monday, September 8, 2014

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) - Student enrollment at the University of Nebraska has grown to its highest level in 21 years, according to a report released Monday.

The university announced that the total student population reached 51,215, a 1 percent increase from the fall of last year and the largest number since 1993.

Again, that's the university system, hence the use of the word "total" and the statement that was quoted by Commando.

Forget it Glen. We either forgot that he has a Miami education and has trouble with reading comprehension.....or he is trolling. Either way it's a waste of time trying to explain it to him. Now i will think of FSU,Miami, and Florida as all 1 school like he thinks every college in Nebraska is part of UNL. lol