Armstrong ... Best game he's ever played?

I think he played well in the 4th quarter because he really had nothing to lose.

I mentioned in another thread that Morgan took blame for the first INT. The 2nd INT was a part forced throw, part fluke that it dropped right into the DB's lap as he lay on the ground. The INT in OT was just a bad mental and physical mistake. I think he was just exhausted from the frantic rally in the last 11 minutes of the game.

This would have been an interesting game to consider this title for ... if those 5-6 dropped passes when they mattered were counted and we gained all that we would have gained from them. Several drives would have been in the plus column and who knows how that would have affected our play earlier and what that would have done for momentum. The same goes for INT when the guy was on his back. Kinda unlucky on that one along with the INT before half. I'll be curious to see if that was TA's fault of the WR. The QB gets the blame but a few changes on those plays and this game could have been a lot different.

More then anything, TA was the one player I saw on the field that cared ... when no one else seemed to care. He was the one player that believed ... when no one else believed. I loved what I saw from TA. It was a joy to keep rooting and hoping the best for him and the Huskers.

• Fire 1

On stats? No. Not even close.

Today: 21-45, 309 yards, 4 TDs, 3 INTs; 11 carries for 49 yards, 0 TDs

Holiday Bowl vs. USC: 32-51, 381 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT; 12 carries for 41 yards, 1 TD

But I give him credit that it definitely FELT like he was playing a good game today (right up to the last pass). He had some drops but even after those his percentage wasn't as good as I thought. And a couple of the drops weren't the greatest passes either. But he made some good plays when we needed them. And he scrambled well, picked up a couple good gains where there wasn't much there. Should have scrambled one more time.....