Consecutive sellout record

HUSKERNU

When does enough be enough? I'm not a season ticket holder and only been to a handful of games but have been a fan since I was born. Lived in Lincoln. Could see the stadium from my house on Vine. I'd hate to see it end but when does the sellout end?

Nebraska first 1-2 record since 1981 isn't going to cause it. Also with the home opponents on the schedule it defintely won't end soon. Since Michigan State could be coming in as #2.

Oh yeah? I thought early '60's instead of 1981. (Devaney's era)

Only reason I know is it is kept being brought up everywhere I look... It does feel weird having that record for the first time in my life.

For fun the 1981 season:

@ Iowa - L 7-10 (Nebraska was #7, Iowa was unranked)

Florida St - W 34-14

Penn St - L 24-30 (Nebraska was #15, Penn St #3)

Auburn - W 17-3

Colorado - W 59-0

@ Kansas St - W 49-3

@ Missouri - W 6-0

Kansas - W 31-15

@ Oklahoma St - W 54-7

Iowa St - W 31-7

@ Oklahoma - W 37-14

Clemson* (Orange Bowl) - L 15-22 (Clemson was #1, Nebraska #4)

So won out after 1-2 start until Orange Bowl.

That's a tough schedule. Could you imagine playing that schedule today? Wow.

Iowa ended up at #15 that season.

Is the sellout streak the only long term (20+ yrs) streak that survived the last decade or so? I'm sure there must be other obscure streaks still going. But I can't think of what they'd be.

Most consecutive home games scored in. (306) since Kansas State shut us out in 1968.

Most consecutive games scored in. (245) since Arizona State shut us out in 1996.

obscure enough?

edit: I have no idea if these are nationally relevant. Just streaks for Nebraska.

Personally, I get a little tired of how much run the sell-out streak gets. What does it mean? It means we have a fan base that cares about its football, just like many other programs around the country. It has nothing to do with how good or how bad our team is.

Let's pretend the sell out streak ends this Saturday (it won't, just a hypothetical). What changes? Nothing. We will still be in the exact same spot we were last Saturday.

Actually, our sellout streak and therefore fan base is not "just like many other programs around the country". No one else is even close to our consecutive sellout record. That makes us different, not the same.

If the streak ended Saturday, we would not be in the exact same spot. We would have to start over at 1 game on the sellout streak count. But yeah, it makes no difference in how the team performs if that's what you were getting at.

Some series streaks:

B1G Teams who have never beaten Nebraska IN LINCOLN:

Wisconsin (on the line this year), Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue, Maryland (never played)

Power 5 Teams that have played Nebraska multiple times and NEVER WON:

Rutgers (on the line this year), California, Florida, LSU, NC State, Tennessee, Utah, Wake Forest

(could be a relevant stat come bowl season)

These are NOT returned tickets from Southern Mississippi either. These are tickets that if not purchased will indeed end the sellout streak. West stand sections 21-24 have a few scattered throughout as well as both endzones. Now I can't say with certainty that all of the tickets are not from the visiting school allotment but I do know that many of the tickets available are in sections that will end the streak if they aren't sold.

You have no idea what these tickets are. Why even bother saying this?

It was in response to this statement:

"For god's sake, there's been a wait list for season tickets for every seat that's counted for the purposes of a "sellout streak" for four decades."

so I was pointing out that there were seats currently available for the game on Saturday that would indeed count. 1 of them is within a couple of rows of my families season tickets where I know they aren't returned visiting team allotment tickets which are the tickets that don't count against the streak.

You don't know what those seats are. You're an Iowegian Fan. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't go to the Iowegian fan forums (presuming there are such things) and spout nonsense. Don't come here and spout nonsense.

It's not a difficult concept.

Tell you what. If this Sunday they announce the Sellout Streak ended because of these seats, I'll become an Iowa Fan. If not, you stop piping on about this. Fair?

• Fire 1

You don't know what those seats are. You're an Iowegian Fan. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't go to the Iowegian fan forums (presuming there are such things) and spout nonsense. Don't come here and spout nonsense.

It's not a difficult concept.

Tell you what. If this Sunday they announce the Sellout Streak ended because of these seats, I'll become an Iowa Fan. If not, you stop piping on about this. Fair?

Big surprise. Iowa fan being butthurt over our sellout streak. They have had some good sellout streaks recently, only to see them disappear with one or two games here and there. Blame your millionaire coach instead of Nebraska, Sqawkeyes.

Is the sellout streak the only long term (20+ yrs) streak that survived the last decade or so? I'm sure there must be other obscure streaks still going. But I can't think of what they'd be.

Most consecutive home games scored in. (306) since Kansas State shut us out in 1968.

Most consecutive games scored in. (245) since Arizona State shut us out in 1996.

obscure enough?

edit: I have no idea if these are nationally relevant. Just streaks for Nebraska.

Consecutive seasons starting off better than 1-3: 57 (Last time we started 1-3 was 1957)