Banker = Cosgrove

I listened to a bit of The Bottom Line radio show (Severe and Ganz) and Ganz said that Banker's D is basically Cosgrove's D. The schematics are exactly the same. If Cosgrove's D was out of date 8 years ago then what does that make Banker's D?

I know the concept is to make the offense one dimensional, but if it's so easy to pass against, then why would the offense do anything but line up in shotgun and run play action passes all day?

• Fire 1

I listened to a bit of The Bottom Line radio show (Severe and Ganz) and Ganz said that Banker's D is basically Cosgrove's D. The schematics are exactly the same. If Cosgrove's D was out of date 8 years ago then what does that make Banker's D?

I know the concept is to make the offense one dimensional, but if it's so easy to pass against, then why would the offense do anything but line up in shotgun and run play action passes all day?

While Joe loves him some Joe and I question what he says, the results and the eye test seem to lend credence to his words.

While Joe loves him some Joe and I question what he says, the results and the eye test seem to lend credence to his words.

Yeah, but don't you think Joe knows what he is seeing when he sees the defense? He only practiced against it for 4 years.

Joe knew today's defense as soon as they lined up. Banker needs to change something, and do it quick.

• Fire 2

Bankers D is also Narduzzis D. You know. Ghe one we all drool over.

And Cosgroves D wasnt half this bad his first 4 games. The defense carried the team to their wins that first year.

Where is the disconnect coming from Narduzzi's results and ours? Is it just a talent issue or is there something we are doing differently than what Narduzzi coaches at a fundamental level? Asking in general as I am not well versed in the X and O strategy of a defense. If it is not just talent what things need to be tweaked so we can generate more pressure and start defending the pass at least moderately well?

Bankers D is also Narduzzis D.

We'd be running this defense if Narduzzi was hired instead of Riley/Banker. Maybe Narduzzi could teach it better than Banker, maybe Narduzzi's scheme struggles with these players.

Regardless, this is the group of players we have. It's up to the coaches to figure out how to make it work with these guys. No way it's going to be acceptable by Husker Fans to give up 300 yards passing over and over and over.

• Fire 3

Yeah, but don't you think Joe knows what he is seeing when he sees the defense? He only practiced against it for 4 years.

Joe knew today's defense as soon as they lined up. Banker needs to change something, and do it quick.

I'm not denying what he said. He also said that Rileys offense in very similar to Callahans.

I just remember what he said about Josh Freeman, and how that all proved to be untrue.

I think some perspective is needed anyway. I think the whole "simpler" thing was gonna make it better. What folks fail to realize, and if they only knew the ins and outs of it, theyd know that at this point the defense has gone through a much larger overhaul in terms of dcheme than the offense. So many times the offense is being put into comfortable playcalls. The defense is playing a night and day different scheme with completely opposite ideals. Stop the run. No over coverage. Under zone instead of matchup freein the backers to focus on the run and qb run game.

Two massive fails this far have been intermediate coverage (15-25 yards) and disruptive penetration from the dline. Two things that HAVE to be present for a quarters system to work. It just seems that a lot of guys are struggling with the change and falling back to habits of the old scheme. I see receivers getting passed off when the coverage should remain. Te chnique on deep balls as if theyre assuming help over top.

• Fire 5