Nebraska Away/Road Uniforms - What is your preference?

The Duke

Preferred Away Uniforms  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm assuming white pants again this weekend?

Riley said so on the radio tonight. He had no idea that the scarlet are our traditional road pants.

:facepalm: This is just sad. There HAS to be someone...anyone in that athletic department that would have the knowledge of what our true road away uniforms were, and should be.

• Fire 1

Riley said so on the radio tonight. He had no idea that the scarlet are our traditional road pants.

:facepalm: This is just sad. There HAS to be someone...anyone in that athletic department that would have the knowledge of what our true road away uniforms were, and should be.

Well, he is all about our traditions..............

.........or something. I'm learning more and more that Riley is as full of crap and as much of a liar as most coaches.

• Fire 4

hey, guys, it's me. been a while.

anyhow, i'm the one who called in question. and yeah, i was FLOORED when he said 'no-one' told him about that about our road uniforms.

really? NO-ONE at the university made mention of the fact that since before the time of Devaney, nebraska has red road pants?

aqR0nnl.gif

He then started to go on about how, well, equipment manager and others make the call yada-yada and then trailed off.

does anyone here actually believe he doesn't have any input on this issue?

i can believe this happening: whoever is maintaining equipment decided that it would be easier and cheaper just to stick white pants. riley probably just shrugged and said, "yeah, sure whatever" and went back to devising ways to wreck the program.

so yeah, i can see why nebraska wears white on the road and the cost benefit by making the switch. and if this is the case, it's ironic.

after all, riley did take the job because he'd have access to R E S O U R C E S. you'd think of them would have been the proper travel pants.

• Fire 2

Maybe he mistook us for Wisconsin.

The head coach needs to understand all the traditions at the school, including team uniforms. For Riley to not understand that the traditional road pants are red is very disappointing. I understand the kids want to wear white pants because they look cool, but the coaches need to say "enough of this crap, we are wearing red pants".

Jim Harbaugh went to Michigan and he was heavily involved in the uniforms to be worn at Michigan. I understand Harbaugh has a total boner for all-things UM, but he cares about all aspects of the team, including uniforms and helmets.