Riley needs to be fired!!!

For those who care, Riley said that was supposed to be a bootleg, no pass option.

Except the running back ran a pass route and was looking back for the ball, and Tommy, you know, threw the ball.

That's the most detestable thing Riley had done here. He f'd up, own it.

It was a bootleg if you look at the way it was being blocked and the reaction of everyone as WTF was that as Ozigbo missed his block? TA improvised and f'd it up. I still think we run the FB up the middle and don't worry about getting cute.

I agree with you on his firing...He brought his same coaching decisions from Oregon State here. Please explain why on 4th down why you don't mat least try a field goal to put away the game...

That is easy to explain, it would have been a 45 yard attempt into the wind and we have a sh**ty FG kicker.

Somewhere, Bo Pelini is snickering...

He can snicker all he likes. His ass deserved to be canned well before we tossed him.

What I can't get over is we tossed him to hire a smarter, seasoned coach who ends up making some of the worst play calling decisions seasoned fans have ever seen in their lifetimes, the result of which is the worst season record (so far) the same fans have seen in their lifetimes.

To borrow a phrase from Ron White: "You can't fix stupid."

I'm a patient man, but losing games like this is on a level of unacceptable Pelini or Callhan never reached. In that sense the comparisons are unfair. Riley had better unf#ck himself in a hurry. This act will wear thin real, real soon.

Worst coaching decision I have ever seen. What an idiot.

There have been worse, see Super Bowl last February.
You sure love to bring up other people's failures when Riley and his staff don't perform.

I don't care what Seattle did. Riley made a bonehead call and it sucked. Sucking is sucking.

You said it was the worst decision ever, you are clearly wrong..

Realistically speaking, like or not, Riley is going to be here another 3 years unless we don't win another game this year.

Taking a knee would have have been a better play call then trying to throw it on third down there. Hell even if they would have picked it up, it would have been a terrible call. That's the kind of crap I do on Madden because I'm dicking around. I'd expect someone with 30+ years making millions of dollars to coach to have better judgement than that. Even if that was a bootleg run with no option to pass (which it wasn't), wouldn't you tell Armstrong if you throw this ball you will never set foot on the field again? it doesn't make any sense. It's almost like this year we are paying for all the ridiculous, no business winning the game comebacks we have had the past 6 years.

I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out of a Riley press conference and tell us all we are getting punk'd.

Nerbraska received the death penalty in 1998. We all went with. We have no clue it happened, and this is college football purgatory or hell.

Think about it:

TO's successor fails.

We hire a West Coast guy, who fails.

We hire a first time defensive guy, who fails.

We hire another West Coast guy.....

I'm thinking our next coach will be an up and coming D coordinator. This is like the crazy religous nuts in Silent Hill who have no clue they are in hell.

It's been Husker Exile since Charlie McBride retired.

• Fire 1

It's the "we didn't learn from our mistakes in the opener" that bothers me the most. Darn the same crap happened that allowed BYU to win. Mismanagement of play calls, DB's going to sleep.

Let's face it, we could sit here and point to a poor play in the middle of the second quarter with as bad a play call or execution as what we saw at the end. But, the bottom line is Nebraska is not good enough to blow out anyone. So all of the games are going to be close, so the end of these games will be critical. Learning from one mistake and not letting it happen again is what we should expect from veteran coaches.

If the play call was don't pass it, then don't put Tommy in the situation to make the decision. I have not been impressed by his decision making. Witness how many times he tries to throw when he is getting tackled only to get an "intentional grounding" call or fumble it or throw a pick whatever. That should have been one more hand off to Jano clock runs to :22 or so, call the timeout and punt it, or even take the delay of game and punt the damn thing. A punt takes 7 or 8 seconds. There would have been maybe 15 seconds left max for Illinois to go maybe 70 - 80 yards. Of course, with Gerry taking a snooze out there I guess it wouldn't have mattered how much time was left.

I don't care about the last god damn two calls nearly as much as I care about how in the hell we can throw the ball 31 times in a monsoon when we were winning the entire game until there were 14 seconds remaining.

Ozigbo and Newby COMBINED for 12 carries for 85 yards. 12!!!!!!!!

Holy sh#t.

wow....