Riley needs to be fired!!!

Worst coaching decision I have ever seen. What an idiot.

There have been worse, see Super Bowl last February.
You sure love to bring up other people's failures when Riley and his staff don't perform.

I don't care what Seattle did. Riley made a bonehead call and it sucked. Sucking is sucking.

You said it was the worst decision ever, you are clearly wrong..

Lol, who gives a f#*k?

Nerbraska received the death penalty in 1998. We all went with. We have no clue it happened, and this is college football purgatory or hell.

Think about it:

TO's successor fails.

We hire a West Coast guy, who fails.

We hire a first time defensive guy, who fails.

We hire another West Coast guy.....

I'm thinking our next coach will be an up and coming D coordinator. This is like the crazy religous nuts in Silent Hill who have no clue they are in hell.

It's been Husker Exile since Charlie McBride retired.

eh I think we would all be ok with the Solich era now...

Worst coaching decision I have ever seen. What an idiot.

There have been worse, see Super Bowl last February.
You sure love to bring up other people's failures when Riley and his staff don't perform.

I don't care what Seattle did. Riley made a bonehead call and it sucked. Sucking is sucking.

You said it was the worst decision ever, you are clearly wrong..
It's the worst decision I have ever seen by a Husker football coach.

Also, when up by 6, running the ball to take the clock to 20 seconds pretty much guarantees the game.

Seattle had no guarantee of scoring from the 1 yard line last year, no matter what the play call.

• Fire 1

Somewhere, Bo Pelini is snickering...

He can snicker all he likes. His ass deserved to be canned well before we tossed him.

What I can't get over is we tossed him to hire a smarter, seasoned coach who ends up making some of the worst play calling decisions seasoned fans have ever seen in their lifetimes, the result of which is the worst season record (so far) the same fans have seen in their lifetimes.

To borrow a phrase from Ron White: "You can't fix stupid."

I'm a patient man, but losing games like this is on a level of unacceptable Pelini or Callhan never reached. In that sense the comparisons are unfair. Riley had better unf#ck himself in a hurry. This act will wear thin real, real soon.

It already has

• Fire 1

CoachpowerT. Probably shouldn't look at what Florida is doing to Ole Miss. It will make it hurt even more. :(

Truth hurts. We messed up by playing around when we should have courted McElwain.

However, I'll settle with any of the 3 guys I've mentioned twice tonight already.

Justin Fuente, Troy Calhoun, or Tom Herman

Folks--quit focusing on the bootleg. Quit focusing on the Big XII-level officiating.

That was just ONE PLAY and ONE CALL in a whole game of gaffes, miscues, piss-poor team management, and overall stubbornness and ignorance displayed by our coaching staff.

Bottom line, this game should not have been close enough for the officials or one missed bootleg to sabotage the whole thing. Riley and Company messed up, and heads need to roll at the end of the season for this. Including Eichorst's.

And as for Eichorst, someone else pointed out during the Miami game thread (correctly) that he's 0 for 2 in coaching hires. The man is batting .000 at two major historical collegiate football powerhouses, and at Nebraska, football is our bread and butter. If he won't remove Riley and admit that he f****d up, the boosters need to line up his ouster and get someone competent in there ASAP.

This s**t is ridiculous, and it's going to put the sellout streak in jeopardy...or worse yet, invalidate the meaningfulness of the sellout streak when Eichorst, Perlman, et al, conspire to keep it going artificially, and some media outfit calls them out on their shenanigans, which will then cause people to question whether the streak was legit to begin with.

• Fire 1

Realistically speaking, like or not, Riley is going to be here another 3 years unless we don't win another game this year.

Taking a knee would have have been a better play call then trying to throw it on third down there. Hell even if they would have picked it up, it would have been a terrible call. That's the kind of crap I do on Madden because I'm dicking around. I'd expect someone with 30+ years making millions of dollars to coach to have better judgement than that. Even if that was a bootleg run with no option to pass (which it wasn't), wouldn't you tell Armstrong if you throw this ball you will never set foot on the field again? it doesn't make any sense. It's almost like this year we are paying for all the ridiculous, no business winning the game comebacks we have had the past 6 years.

I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out of a Riley press conference and tell us all we are getting punk'd.

I told my wife before the ball was snapped that MR should use a time out to make it easier run time off the clock and to remind the players of stupid things that should not be done.

:restore2 Fire Riley and bring in a real coach whose going to play smash mouth football..

This West Coast crap at the college level is a joke, IMO The $hi! works in the pros because it is mostly a passing league. You need to have a running game in college to succeed. Look around, even the flash and dash Ducks run the ball to set up the deceptive play-action passing game. And most good programs have that power running game, or at least a running game to hang their hat on. Ohio State looked awful today and then Ezekiel Elliot said hang on boys, here we go. Even with all that Indiana wasn't done.

CoachpowerT. Probably shouldn't look at what Florida is doing to Ole Miss. It will make it hurt even more. :(

Truth hurts. We messed up by playing around when we should have courted McElwain.

However, I'll settle with any of the 3 guys I've mentioned twice tonight already.

Justin Fuente, Troy Calhoun, or Tom Herman

I would like Fuente or Herman if someone requires previous HC experience. Not sure about Calhoun, only because I wouldn't want to be an option-based offense. No matter what people say TO didn't run an option based offense. He ran a power running game offense and used options as part of his "passing game" to create big plays. TO has said that in interviews.
  • Fire 1

No matter what people say TO didn't run an option based offense. He ran a power running game offense and used options as part of his "passing game" to create big plays. TO has said that in interviews.

+1

You sir are right on the money! Osborne's double options, veer, midline, and counter options were all considered by that coaching staff an extension of their passing game. They expected to always gain at least 7+ yards every time an option was called.

Folks--quit focusing on the bootleg. Quit focusing on the Big XII-level officiating.

That was just ONE PLAY and ONE CALL in a whole game of gaffes, miscues, piss-poor team management, and overall stubbornness and ignorance displayed by our coaching staff.

Bottom line, this game should not have been close enough for the officials or one missed bootleg to sabotage the whole thing. Riley and Company messed up, and heads need to roll at the end of the season for this. Including Eichorst's.

And as for Eichorst, someone else pointed out during the Miami game thread (correctly) that he's 0 for 2 in coaching hires. The man is batting .000 at two major historical collegiate football powerhouses, and at Nebraska, football is our bread and butter. If he won't remove Riley and admit that he f****d up, the boosters need to line up his ouster and get someone competent in there ASAP.

This s**t is ridiculous, and it's going to put the sellout streak in jeopardy...or worse yet, invalidate the meaningfulness of the sellout streak when Eichorst, Perlman, et al, conspire to keep it going artificially, and some media outfit calls them out on their shenanigans, which will then cause people to question whether the streak was legit to begin with.

Eichorst needs to go even if he does admit his mistake. As you said, he is 0-2, we can't afford to give him another chance.

It is NOT time to fire riley but frankly if he continues to literally lose games because of bad clock and game management, we will have to let him go. Presumably there is something in his coaching contract that requires him to be a successful coach who performs at a reasonable level comparable with that of at least an average coach. So far, these game management decisions are just not even close to 'average' or reasonable or even below average. they are terrible. Do your job BADLY is reason to be fired. The athletic department does not need to pay someone to do their job badly. There have to be some 'just cause' clauses to cover reasons to terminate. If this kind of coaching continues - they better be looking through the terms of the contract closely.

Perhaps Riley should just keep his motel room rather than buy a house. Not sure he will need one.