ESPN College Gameday

I can not believe Gameday has not been to Lincoln since 2007. We've fielded competitive teams since then and had some big games in Memorial Stadium since then, you would think they would come to Nebraska, especially with the Husker fan base. Besides Herbie upset that the 1995 Nebraska team was crowned the best ever, does ESPN and Gameday have something with Nebraska that they dont come here?

Just surprising given Nebraska's support, they havent been in Lincoln in 8 years. I guess they spend too much of their time in the SEC.

I know it depends a lot on what other games are on that week, but 2010 October 16 vs Texas? Huskers were ranked #5 at the time and that was HUGE hyped game.

2011 October 29 vs #9 Michigan State, Nebraska was #13 at the time. First year in the B1G.

You just answered your question, there were probably other big games going on at that time. ESPN isn't going to go to Lincoln just because they like O Street.

I know it depends a lot on what other games are on that week, but 2010 October 16 vs Texas? Huskers were ranked #5 at the time and that was HUGE hyped game.

2011 October 29 vs #9 Michigan State, Nebraska was #13 at the time. First year in the B1G.

I'm pretty sure there were bigger or better matchups those weekends, though I don't remember what they were. Really though, it's probably good Gameday hasn't come to any Nebraska game in the last 8 years. Other than 2010 Missouri or 2011 Michigan State, the Huskers have sh#t their pants in almost every other big game.

We should really worry about gameday not being here for 8 years since theres obviously nothing else to worry about. Honestly i could care less if they ever come back. I dont even watch it anymore. Bunch of blow hards. Corso is the only good one b/c he understands he doesnt know sh#t(unlike other egos) and just wants to BS and have fun.

On October 16, 2010 #1 Ohio state played #18 Wisconsin. That's bigger than #5 (nebraska) against an unranked Texas team unless you're a complete homer.

October 29, #4 Stanford with Andrew luck at the helm vs #20 usc...that's a toss up between that game and us vs Michigan state that year.

Given the timing and circumstances, this must be the absolute most odd timing of the obligatory "gameday' thread in the history of message boards?

Why? Why now? theres gotta something to it.

Count, standing by.

Just putting something out there to talk football, that isn't about bashing the coaching staff.

Granted, I am one of the culprits putting Riley under fire, but thought having a different topic on the main board would be refreshing?

thanks Boneyard. Everyone is buried in this hatefest.

We need to move past it, the world does not end with another loss, or win for that matter.

but have to agree, we do not do well with Game Day around. We need to be relevant to get that game or play someone that will stomp our asses. When we mean something to someone other than our own fans they will be here.