ESPN College Gameday

Given the timing and circumstances, this must be the absolute most odd timing of the obligatory "gameday' thread in the history of message boards?

Why? Why now? theres gotta something to it.

Count, standing by.

Just putting something out there to talk football, that isn't about bashing the coaching staff.

Granted, I am one of the culprits putting Riley under fire, but thought having a different topic on the main board would be refreshing?

Ill give you an A for effort in a rather noble cause. That's why I asked, the timing is rather strange, even though your motive makes sense

No doubt College Gameday helps exposure and recruiting.

That said, Nebraska hasn't had much reason to host Gameday in sometime. The few times Nebraska has been on Gameday, the first B1G game against Wisconsin for example, Nebraska has been blown out. We need to somehow get better each week, improve recruiting drastically, and we might have the opportunity to host Gameday in a season or two.

• 3 years later...

Just now, C N Red said:

I could give 2 s#!ts if that POS network and that DB Desmond Howard come to Lincoln. Honestly, I'd rather they didn't. I'm surprised some other sports entity can't put together a better college morning program. Gameday sucks. 

So your'e about 50-50 on wanting them to come here?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, C N Red said:

I could give 2 s#!ts if that POS network and that DB Desmond Howard come to Lincoln. Honestly, I'd rather they didn't. I'm surprised some other sports entity can't put together a better college morning program. Gameday sucks. 

Gameday would be a lot better without Desmond Howard,  I can't stand that guy.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly don’t understand why people gave such harsh negative emotions towards a program like this. 

Its kind of wierd. 

Its very possible we are undefeated going into this game. Its a big crap shoot trying to figure out what OSU is going to be like without Urban. 

Probably either because people are jealous that they don't get paid to sit around and bs about football, or because they don't like watching a bunch of grown men sitting around stroking each others' egos and bickering.

Personally I don't mind it when they stick to facts and highlights, but I think I watched it once last season.

27 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Probably either because people are jealous that they don't get paid to sit around and bs about football, or because they don't like watching a bunch of grown men sitting around stroking each others' egos and bickering.

Personally I don't mind it when they stick to facts and highlights, but I think I watched it once last season.

I understand it not being something you are interested in. I very seldom have it on. 

What i I don’t understand is the disdain that is vocalized. 

• Thanks 1

19 bold predictions for 2019 college football season

19. NEBRASKA GRABS COLLEGE GAMEDAY SPOTLIGHT
I'm drinking the Kool-Aid on Scott Frost and Nebraska in 2019. Not afraid to challenge his players during his first season, Frost demanded excellence from a roster that didn't know how to win just yet and by the end of November, was playing its best football. Hungry feels like the right word to describe this year's team, a group that will lock down a spot inside the Top 25 by year's end — and might win the Big Ten West if the defense improves. With Adrian Martinez, this Huskers offense is going to be really, really good with an expansive knowledge of Frost's system in Year 2 and the momentum carry-over will carry Nebraska to a 4-0 start heading into a sizable home game vs. Ohio State with College GameDay in town for the first time since 2007.

• Plus1 1
On 1/26/2019 at 9:39 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I honestly believe much of the dislike comes from the basis of fandom - fanaticism. A lot of people probably think 'they don't talk about MY team enough,' 'they only cover THOSE teams,' or 'they only ridicule MY team.' Objectively, it's a good TV broadcast. It has a diverse range of hosts, entertainment, good story telling, production value... you name it.

I hate to admit this, but, if I knew Nebraska was going to be talked about more on Gameday then I would probably tune in. If I knew we had a player or program that was going to be part of the debate every week, I would probably tune in. Nebraska's lack of national presence for much of the last 6-7 years caused me to lose interest in the national scope of things. Mostly recently, I think 2009-2010 was the last time I made an effort to go watch Gameday.

• Plus1 1
On 1/26/2019 at 8:39 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I understand it not being something you are interested in. I very seldom have it on. 

26 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I honestly believe much of the dislike comes from the basis of fandom - fanaticism. A lot of people probably think 'they don't talk about MY team enough,' 'they only cover THOSE teams,' or 'they only ridicule MY team.' Objectively, it's a good TV broadcast. It has a diverse range of hosts, entertainment, good story telling, production value... you name it.

I hate to admit this, but, if I knew Nebraska was going to be talked about more on Gameday then I would probably tune in. If I knew we had a player or program that was going to be part of the debate every week, I would probably tune in. Nebraska's lack of national presence for much of the last 6-7 years caused me to lose interest in the national scope of things. Mostly recently, I think 2009-2010 was the last time I made an effort to go watch Gameday.

I think most of it is because people really liked it for a lot of years but it has changed, is not as good anymore and they miss what it once was.