Shawn Eichorst

ndobney

I like Eichorst and the values that he looks for in his coaches. Personally I think his style and his values fit Nebraska perfectly, and I'd hate for success-hungry fans to get in the way. Do things the right way, and successfully, but if you can't have both, at least have the former.

Look at Florida's AD as an example: he hired Urban Meyer. Then he hired Will Muschamp. Now he's hired Jim McElwain.

Not every coach is going to work out. The jury's out on McElwain, and Muschamp failed spectacularly in his what, 3? 4 years. But was there drama? No. He recruited well and made a classy exit with a positive message for his players.

Finding an ace of a football coach is not easy. But as for the AD, how he conducts his affairs and the types of people he chooses to represent your university are just as important as to whether or not he strikes W/L gold. As long as he understands when it's time to cut bait on one experiment and go for the next one. If Riley doesn't have things going well at the end of his 4th or 5th year, change directions but hire someone with similar class. We don't sell out "Nebraska Nice" to get our 10 win seasons to thump our chests about. That's the UNL AD I expect to see.

Now, a guy like Bo will disagree with me on Eichorst's "core values", but no thanks to siding with Bo in this area.

If Riley was to be let go after 3 to 4 years, I don't think he would would be a jack ass like Bo was after being let go.

We've got much much bigger concerns right now than how Pelini exited.......and who gives a rip how Riley exits as long as he does.

The Nebraska job is way way way way over his head.