The NFL minded coach

I would like to know why some coaches think they can come in an put in a "Pro" style offense in the NCAA. When all you ever here is that QB's that comes from College to the Pro level are no where near ready for the game. If a player makes it all the way to a senior and then makes it to the NFL as a QB and is not ready...why would they think a 20 year old Soph/Junior would be able to do it.

However we just didn't make the throws. It is execution. Why is it so hard for coaches to play to the strengths of the players around them.

I dont remember Wisky throwing the ball much...except when they had Russel Wilson...and well because he could. Just an example.

I want a Coach that can recognize the player talent he has around them and game plan for that. That to me smells like success and someone I would gladly get behind.

I would like to see what would happen if Nebraska at a Pro Nfl team. I see some of the same mistakes in the NFL that nebraska makes and the players make millions of dollars. Poor clock management all over the NFL see nyg week 1? But nebraska does it and everyone needs fired and all the players need to transfer some where else.

• Fire 2

Boo ya. Another thread.

Yet you are still reading them and upping your post count with thrilling insight like this.

Indeed, we are seeing how he as acquired such a distinguished huskerboard 'rep' with all of his 2,000+ posts.

Seems like they are all about as brilliant and thought-provoking as that one and all of the ones I've seen him make over the past couple of days.

Boo ya. Another thread.

Yet you are still reading them and upping your post count with thrilling insight like this.

Indeed, we are seeing how he as acquired such a distinguished huskerboard 'rep' with all of his 2,000+ posts.

Seems like they are all about as brilliant and thought-provoking as that one and all of the ones I've seen him make over the past couple of days.

I wish both of you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. I just hope those endeavors aren't involving anymore new threads.

Boo ya. Another thread.

Oh and your Fire Riley flag you been flying has single-handedly revived the blackshirts. Thank you so much. Forever in your debt!

There is a lot of difference in how NFL organizations and college programs are run, but most plays are run at both levels.

One easy example of a play that is ubiquitous but showcases how plays change is a QB rollout. Simple rollout, play wide receiver runs a go route, backside TE(s)/slot/back (whomever) floods to that side. We've all seen this play a million times before.

At the college level, that's a third of the field read. A simple go route, and usually a high/low flood. At the NFL level you'll usually see a backside receiver running something like a deep post, that unlike the college version may be part of the progression.

That's how plays change; the level of detail. Receivers have more option routes, Qbs have more reads, pass protections have more keys, etc. Any coach can adjust these things with no problem moving from one level to another. The entire idea of a "pro offense" is pretty antiquated, imo. Everyone steals from everyone else. :)

Boo ya. Another thread.

Oh and your Fire Riley flag you been flying has single-handedly revived the blackshirts. Thank you so much. Forever in your debt!

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Look, this is a Husker message board. It is a message board about a team most of us are quite passionate about.

We don't all have to agree on everything. In fact, I think you would be hard-pressed to find anyone you agree on every single aspect of Husker football with who posts on this board (I think this goes for most of us, I know it does for me).

There are some very insightful and thoughtful posters on this board. There are many who make arguments counter to what I believe, yet do a very effective and eloquent job in doing so. There are posters I generally agree with, and those I generally disagree with. There are those I generally agree with who leave me saying "WTF?" sometimes just as there are those who I generally disagree with who will post something that will make me go "heck yes!"

You are not one of those posters. I have seen you do nothing but launch immature, childish insults and ad hominems at those who share different opinions than you (usually in 10 words or less).

None of us is THE spokesperson for the team or the authority on the Huskers. We are on a message board to share our experiences, our opinions, our thoughts, our ideas, to discuss. We wouldn't do this if we didn't care about our team and its future. We don't have to agree on what all of those things are or should be. But when you disagree with someone, there is no need to act petulant and infantile.

• Fire 2

There is a lot of difference in how NFL organizations and college programs are run, but most plays are run at both levels.

One easy example of a play that is ubiquitous but showcases how plays change is a QB rollout. Simple rollout, play wide receiver runs a go route, backside TE(s)/slot/back (whomever) floods to that side. We've all seen this play a million times before.

At the college level, that's a third of the field read. A simple go route, and usually a high/low flood. At the NFL level you'll usually see a backside receiver running something like a deep post, that unlike the college version may be part of the progression.

That's how plays change; the level of detail. Receivers have more option routes, Qbs have more reads, pass protections have more keys, etc. Any coach can adjust these things with no problem moving from one level to another. The entire idea of a "pro offense" is pretty antiquated, imo. Everyone steals from everyone else. :)

Nice post, +1

Boo ya. Another thread.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Look, this is a Husker message board. It is a message board about a team most of us are quite passionate about.

We don't all have to agree on everything. In fact, I think you would be hard-pressed to find anyone you agree on every single aspect of Husker football with who posts on this board (I think this goes for most of us, I know it does for me).

There are some very insightful and thoughtful posters on this board. There are many who make arguments counter to what I believe, yet do a very effective and eloquent job in doing so. There are posters I generally agree with, and those I generally disagree with. There are those I generally agree with who leave me saying "WTF?" sometimes just as there are those who I generally disagree with who will post something that will make me go "heck yes!"

You are not one of those posters. I have seen you do nothing but launch immature, childish insults and ad hominems at those who share different opinions than you (usually in 10 words or less).

None of us is THE spokesperson for the team or the authority on the Huskers. We are on a message board to share our experiences, our opinions, our thoughts, our ideas, to discuss. We wouldn't do this if we didn't care about our team and its future. We don't have to agree on what all of those things are or should be. But when you disagree with someone, there is no need to act petulant and infantile.

So you aren't a fan of the pro-style offense then?

On a phone and in a time of extreme frustration, where fans are calling for our HC after 5 games and posting 8 new threads a minute. I have no time for lengthy posts with substance. Let's be honest, 75% of posts with substance are being skipped over right now because of the amount of utter bullsh#t folks like you are spewing.

I don't care if you value my posts, in case you were wondering. My only motive is to deter folks from spamming the board with ridiculous new threads and to stop the crazies from calling for our HC's head 5 games into his tenure, as it's absolutely terrible for this program right now. It is. I'm not here to argue that. It is.