Simple Question (just Yes or No answers please)

If you could hit rewind right now, go back in time, and we re-sign Bo to a new 10 year contract versus firing him and hiring Riley...would you be ok with that?

My answer: YES

Why the f&^% would you have given him a 10 year contract? He did nothing to warrant that. The sensible decision would have been to hire a top dog who has won at this level...guys like Calhoun, Navy's HC (the one with the long last name), Chris Petersen, Pat Narduzzi, etc.

Riley

Recruiting visitors this weekend, yes just this weekend!

1- 5*

7- 4*

4 - 3*

That's is all you really need to know. BTW, where is the moron that said that Riley is only recruiting 2* players?

Excellent, let me know when they sign their LOIs!

Some will be February 2016, Feb. 2017 and maybe even Feb 2018

Stay tuned. Better talent is on the way.

I can make a very strong argument that the team under Riley has regressed significantly in "learning from mistakes". I'm not so sure that calm demeanor is a good quality. No consequences for mistakes. See Alex Lewis, multiple procedural penalties, a qb that feels comfortable turning a called running play into an improvised pass play (and that's if you believe the side of the story the coaches themselves have stated), etc.

Wasn't Lewis charged with assualt or something when he was at Colorado? His attitude shouldn't be a surprise. Also, TA has ALWAYS made those risky plays. He's an all or nothing kind of guy. The intention groundings and hurdling defenders has always been how he's played. Sure they come back to bite him more than not. Literally everything from this year you've seen in Bo's teams.

Bolded is pure speculation.

FYI, since I have the only Yes on here (I think) . . .

My yes was really more of a No for Riley than Yes for Bo. You could substitute almost any other coach instead of Pelini in the OP and I would say Yes.

DAN HAWKINS?

Yep. Remember, this is in hindsight.

I think at the time of the hire though, if we were told it was down to those two, I would've had a little tougher time picking a favorite. But I still think I would've gone with Hawkins and hoped he learned something from his CU debacle. His lifetime record as HC is 112-61-1 plus 7 conference championships. That's a lot better than 149-149.

Hawkins was fired for going 2-3 to start his last season as a HC of anything.

OK, we have a No vote for Dan Hawkins. How about if we replaced Pelini with Dan Mullen in the OP?

I can make a very strong argument that the team under Riley has regressed significantly in "learning from mistakes". I'm not so sure that calm demeanor is a good quality. No consequences for mistakes. See Alex Lewis, multiple procedural penalties, a qb that feels comfortable turning a called running play into an improvised pass play (and that's if you believe the side of the story the coaches themselves have stated), etc.

Wasn't Lewis charged with assualt or something when he was at Colorado? His attitude shouldn't be a surprise. Also, TA has ALWAYS made those risky plays. He's an all or nothing kind of guy. The intention groundings and hurdling defenders has always been how he's played. Sure they come back to bite him more than not. Literally everything from this year you've seen in Bo's teams.

Bolded is pure speculation

um, no its not. Its a statement that I can make a good argument that Riley's calm demeanor is not better, and possibly worse, than Bo's in regards to helping the team not make mistakes. In direct response to Drunkoffpunch's quote: Also notice how this year when a kid makes a mistake they get met by their position coach/coordinator who can help them in a calm demeanor instead of getting in shouting matches?

And no, we never saw Bo's teams commit penalties at this rate and for this many yards.

Maybe we haven't seen it at this rate for this many yards once the season was done but Riley is 5 games into coaching new players new schemes. He has time to make improvements. Maybe we could revisit the conversation when the season is over.

2015: 5 games. 49 penalties, 408 yards. 10/80 game

2014: 13 games. 75 penalties. 655 yards. 6/50 game

2013: 13 games. 77 penalties. 676 yards. 6/52 game

2012: 14 games. 88 penalties. 847 yards. 6/60 game

2011: 13 games. 86 penalties. 689 yards. 7/53 game

2010: 14 games. 109 penalties. 993 yards. 8/71 game

2009: 14 games. 100 penalties. 894 yards. 7/64 game

2008. 13 games. 94 penalties. 800 yards. 7/61 game

And no, we never saw Bo's teams commit penalties at this rate and for this many yards.

Penalties don't correlate much to wins and losses. It just gets talked about a lot. Many things in the game have an inverse ratio in regards to actual importance vs how much they're talked about.

Penalties don't correlate much to wins and losses. It just gets talked about a lot. Many things in the game have an inverse ratio in regards to actual importance vs how much they're talked about.

Penalty yards cost us a conference championship in 2009. Yeah, they are a big factor.

If you could hit rewind right now, go back in time, and we re-sign Bo to a new 10 year contract versus firing him and hiring Riley...would you be ok with that?

My answer: YES

No.

Why? Because this place would still be a sh#t show. Just with more wins.

So u want a non sh#t show that wins even less? Cool we will be the Indiania of the Big Ten....

Cool story.

I'm not saying I would hire Riley. I'm just saying I wouldn't keep Bo, even though I liked him as a coach.