Simple Question (just Yes or No answers please)

I can make a very strong argument that the team under Riley has regressed significantly in "learning from mistakes". I'm not so sure that calm demeanor is a good quality. No consequences for mistakes. See Alex Lewis, multiple procedural penalties, a qb that feels comfortable turning a called running play into an improvised pass play (and that's if you believe the side of the story the coaches themselves have stated), etc.

Wasn't Lewis charged with assualt or something when he was at Colorado? His attitude shouldn't be a surprise. Also, TA has ALWAYS made those risky plays. He's an all or nothing kind of guy. The intention groundings and hurdling defenders has always been how he's played. Sure they come back to bite him more than not. Literally everything from this year you've seen in Bo's teams.

Bolded is pure speculation

um, no its not. Its a statement that I can make a good argument that Riley's calm demeanor is not better, and possibly worse, than Bo's in regards to helping the team not make mistakes. In direct response to Drunkoffpunch's quote: Also notice how this year when a kid makes a mistake they get met by their position coach/coordinator who can help them in a calm demeanor instead of getting in shouting matches?

And no, we never saw Bo's teams commit penalties at this rate and for this many yards.

Unless you're a part of the football team, no, it's pure speculation.

Riley

Recruiting visitors this weekend, yes just this weekend!

1- 5*

7- 4*

4 - 3*

That's is all you really need to know. BTW, where is the moron that said that Riley is only recruiting 2* players?

Sounds great. Can you send a link or post their names. I searched but couldn't find much.

Riley

Recruiting visitors this weekend, yes just this weekend!

1- 5*

7- 4*

4 - 3*

That's is all you really need to know. BTW, where is the moron that said that Riley is only recruiting 2* players?

Excellent, let me know when they sign their LOIs!

Some will be February 2016, Feb. 2017 and maybe even Feb 2018

Stay tuned. Better talent is on the way.

I should have clarified, let me know when they sign LOIs for NEBRASKA.

And no, we never saw Bo's teams commit penalties at this rate and for this many yards.

Penalties don't correlate much to wins and losses. It just gets talked about a lot. Many things in the game have an inverse ratio in regards to actual importance vs how much they're talked about.
Penalty yards cost us a conference championship in 2009. Yeah, they are a big factor.

Anything could seem significant in a specific example, particularly in extreme cases. That does not show something to be statistically significant in the general case.

It sounds counterintuitive, I know. One would think that winning teams commit less penalties and losing teams commit more; that a team with more penalty yards would be more likely to lose the game and vice versa. Some stats do work that way, such as turnovers. Turnovers have a high correlation to victory. Rushing yards correlate positively, too, though in most cases in the form of reverse causation (teams pass more when they are losing).

Penalties do not have such a relationship.

I can make a very strong argument that the team under Riley has regressed significantly in "learning from mistakes". I'm not so sure that calm demeanor is a good quality. No consequences for mistakes. See Alex Lewis, multiple procedural penalties, a qb that feels comfortable turning a called running play into an improvised pass play (and that's if you believe the side of the story the coaches themselves have stated), etc.

Wasn't Lewis charged with assualt or something when he was at Colorado? His attitude shouldn't be a surprise. Also, TA has ALWAYS made those risky plays. He's an all or nothing kind of guy. The intention groundings and hurdling defenders has always been how he's played. Sure they come back to bite him more than not. Literally everything from this year you've seen in Bo's teams.

Bolded is pure speculation

um, no its not. Its a statement that I can make a good argument that Riley's calm demeanor is not better, and possibly worse, than Bo's in regards to helping the team not make mistakes. In direct response to Drunkoffpunch's quote: Also notice how this year when a kid makes a mistake they get met by their position coach/coordinator who can help them in a calm demeanor instead of getting in shouting matches?

The 408 yards given up to Melvin Gordon in three quarters and the two straight losses to Minnesota tell me that either Bo didn't learn from his mistakes, or his players didn't learn from theirs.