Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

Hmmmm. Playing a true freshman at running back. That's stupid. Just ask Nick Chubbs............

If the kid is half as good as advertised, feed him the rock. We are 5 games in and still no definitive RB. Give him a shot. Hell, it might be he and Oz for the next 4 years.

Problem is, he's not going to carry the rock, he's burning it to return kicks.

Apparently our $500k per year ST coordinator can't figure out a way to be special, so they'll burn this kid.

Dude. Taking shots again. This time at ST Coach.

Hmmmm. Playing a true freshman at running back. That's stupid. Just ask Nick Chubbs............

If the kid is half as good as advertised, feed him the rock. We are 5 games in and still no definitive RB. Give him a shot. Hell, it might be he and Oz for the next 4 years.

Apparently our $500k per year ST coordinator can't figure out a way to be special, so they'll burn this kid.

They are extremely well compensated experienced adults. I'm sure I haven't hurt their delicate sensibilities.

I actually don't take that many, but this one bugs me.

Is it possible Stevenson has decided to transfer and wants to save his redshirt for next year? Not a lot about this makes sense.

Hope not.

Here is a comparison that will make some folks angry. Some posters (myself) are not to thrilled with Riley after 5 games, based upon performance. Maybe, just maybe, the staff is not satisfied with the RB play after 5 games. Maybe they have decided that something needs to be done in an attempt to get wins, motivate guys etc..... If folks argue to give Riley more time, maybe burning shirts/benching/roster management is his attempt at this.

If Stevenson is as advertised, I applaud Riley for this move. Even if it fails, he is trying something. Thats a positive in my book. (Like to see him unleash the Davis twins as thin as we are on DL and DE)

• Fire 1

I used to be in the camp to redshirt nearly everyone. Unless they are B. Sanders or A. Peterson or a W. Shields type player.

But then I played college ball and realized that these coaches have to play their best players. Even on kick return, or 5 snaps at RB. Its not a desperation move, it's a "get your best players on the field move".

Every play, every snap, every quarter, every half...you have to play the best players at the college level. We may go down in flames at 4-8 this year which I think is quite possible but you gotta go down swinging.

Play him.

• Fire 1

I used to be in the camp to redshirt nearly everyone. Unless they are B. Sanders or A. Peterson or a W. Shields type player.

But then I played college ball and realized that these coaches have to play their best players. Even on kick return, or 5 snaps at RB. Its not a desperation move, it's a "get your best players on the field move".

Every play, every snap, every quarter, every half...you have to play the best players at the college level. We may go down in flames at 4-8 this year which I think is quite possible but you gotta go down swinging.

Play him.

I'm of the opinion that if a player is going to get serious reps on the 2 deep and be a serious contributor on special teams, play him.

But if he is slightly better than Joe Schmo, it's better keeping the red shirt.