Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

Is it possible Stevenson has decided to transfer and wants to save his redshirt for next year? Not a lot about this makes sense.

Hope not.

Here is a comparison that will make some folks angry. Some posters (myself) are not to thrilled with Riley after 5 games, based upon performance. Maybe, just maybe, the staff is not satisfied with the RB play after 5 games. Maybe they have decided that something needs to be done in an attempt to get wins, motivate guys etc..... If folks argue to give Riley more time, maybe burning shirts/benching/roster management is his attempt at this.

If Stevenson is as advertised, I applaud Riley for this move. Even if it fails, he is trying something. Thats a positive in my book. (Like to see him unleash the Davis twins as thin as we are on DL and DE)

Does the guy running the ball dictate the OC's offensive philosophy?

This kid tweaked his anke in August, came to camp out of shape. Soundsl like the kid is a natural at RB. You can't just keep having him carry the rock in practice for the practice squad. 7 games left. No different thatn DPE now coming back when he could have redshirted this year as well.

I think that the RB position is a toss up. When you have a toss up situation, lets bring in the home run hitter and give him a shot.

Is it possible Stevenson has decided to transfer and wants to save his redshirt for next year? Not a lot about this makes sense.

Hope not.

Here is a comparison that will make some folks angry. Some posters (myself) are not to thrilled with Riley after 5 games, based upon performance. Maybe, just maybe, the staff is not satisfied with the RB play after 5 games. Maybe they have decided that something needs to be done in an attempt to get wins, motivate guys etc..... If folks argue to give Riley more time, maybe burning shirts/benching/roster management is his attempt at this.

If Stevenson is as advertised, I applaud Riley for this move. Even if it fails, he is trying something. Thats a positive in my book. (Like to see him unleash the Davis twins as thin as we are on DL and DE)

That's just it. When it comes to the running backs it's as if Riley is just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks instead of actually recognizing proper who should be lined up in the backfield getting the ball. First Newby then Janovich then Ozigbo now Stevenson? Forget about Mikale Wilbon mind you. The guy who's shown probably the best flashes potential wise of all of them in that he can both run and catch/make people miss but instead is just riding pine.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32297-1379600349-21

• Fire 2

Waste of a redshirt, IMO. Sit him til next season and start fresh.

normally I'd agree with this logic, but when I went to the boneyard bash at the end of august (the practice that was open to all students) I saw Jordan take a rep at kickoff, and initially I noticed his belly from how out of shape he was. However, despite the fact he looked chubby, the guy could flat out fly and amazed all of us in the stands. If the coaches think he's ready at this point, I say turn him loose. He has too much athletic ability to keep off of the field.
  • Fire 3

I don't buy Riley's message about JS only doing kick returns. Like he said himself, it really doesn't make sense to burn his red shirt. He kind of tip-toed around the question from the media. I have a feeling JS is going to be in the in the backfield on Saturday along with Ozigbo so we have that 1-2 punch they've been looking for.

Hope not.

It could have a specific impact here. Wisconsin is ultra aggressive in their pressure packages, even in running situations. But, they aren't a particularly fast defense and have been somewhat susceptible to big plays. That's a bit hidden in the stats due to how poor their last four opponents were.

A back with some pop could be a key asset this weekend.

Don't think the coaches were given much of a choice here. It seems pretty clear Stevenson wants to get on the field this year or he's likely to transfer.

.......if this is true then we don't have the right coach leading this team. You only start Stevenson if you feel he's a player who is better than the one's you have available and can help the team. If a player is going to transfer just because he doesn't see the field his freshman year then see ya!

If all he ever does this year is bring something to the return game, that's great. I couldn't tell you who our KRs are, but we've all seen the stats of their production. Not good.

That said, plenty of players opt not to redshirt when it would probably be better for them to do so. Every coach has to accommodate this to some degree.

It kind of sounds like this is a STs only move, because he's not far enough along in the offense either. Maybe it'll change. DPE was just a special teams guy who took the opportunity when it opened up at WR, and started to emerge there too.

Hope not.

It could have a specific impact here. Wisconsin is ultra aggressive in their pressure packages, even in running situations. But, they aren't a particularly fast defense and have been somewhat susceptible to big plays. That's a bit hidden in the stats due to how poor their last four opponents were.

A back with some pop could be a key asset this weekend.

It sounds like a match up in which Stevenson would benefit a run-predicated offense, which we are no longer.

It is funny. As soon as I make this point, this thread gets posted, You Can't Change the Nature of an OC

Personnel does not dictate the mind of an OC, dramatically. Otherwise, we would see an offense featuring the QB run game with TA, not used sporadically.