Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

Also said that they are committed to Newby being the feature back. I think these guys are just in over their heads at this point.

Honest question..Does he hit holes in practice and just get afraid in games or what?
This drives me nuts too. Newby leaves yards on the field.

He isn't patient enough and tries to bounce it outside a lot. And for a smaller back, he doesn't have a ton of speed.

I don't have a problem with burning the redshirt, just don't understand why they don't start giving him practice reps. You've already made the commitment to play him, he's talented, try to develop him in your offense.

By the end of the year he might be able to help us win a game or two.

I suspect he will get practice reps at RB. But burning his shirt after six games to "help in the return game" makes him available for RB duty without admitting the current stable of RBs aren't performing as well as hoped (as well as potentially helping in the return game).

Also said that they are committed to Newby being the feature back. I think these guys are just in over their heads at this point.

Honestly, their mindless adherence to Newby is perhaps the most poignant indictment of this coaching staff. They are literally so anti-run that they think the best running back is the best pass blocker, never mind that he couldn't break an arm tackle or hit a hole to save his life. It is so obvious to everyone that Newby is not the answer yet they just keep feeding him the rock. It's crazy.

• Fire 1

Halfway through and I'm still not sure what the The Staff's plans are at runningback for the 2015 season.

Ozigbo seemed to be a guy that could finally provide a spark. Wonder what happened there.

Honestly, I think they're pretty hung up on pass protection. That sounds like the main reason Wilbon has disappeared and I would guess the same with Ozigbo. Also, with Kondolo banged up and not practicing, it would seem like Jerald Foster would be in line for first team reps. By all the media accounts through spring and fall, he was right with Kondolo and Utter and is a mauler in the run game. But it sounds like another walk-on is getting more reps than him and Foster's comment after practice was he needs to work on his pass pro.

I realize guys need to be able to do what is asked of them. But we seem to be in a pattern of sacrificing the run game for the sake of the pass game even though the pass game is struggling mightily.