Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

Why burn the redshirt. Why!

It was all the kids idea, and at this point he could possibly be thinking this style isn't a great fit and could use his redshirt year when transferring... I sure hope not but the handling of the RBs scares me to see who might leave at the end of the year!

If true, that's another strike against Riley.

Watched HS footage of JS. He is pretty athletic. Then I compared that to Mikale Wilbon's HS and based off of that, it really looks like Wilbon is faster. Kind of scratching my head as to why they don't create a package suited for Wilbon's speed. He is wicked fast.

After hearing about how good Wilbon was as a redshirt then seeing him run well in the first two games then never get another shot many people have the same question. It seems pretty sketchy, especially given how meh Newby has looked.

Then you burn JS's shirt halfway into the season to mainly be a kick-returner? If he was really that dangerous why not burn it earlier?

I do think it's great Janovich is being used so much better than before but other than that I can't say I'm big on how our backs have been handled

Watched HS footage of JS. He is pretty athletic. Then I compared that to Mikale Wilbon's HS and based off of that, it really looks like Wilbon is faster. Kind of scratching my head as to why they don't create a package suited for Wilbon's speed. He is wicked fast.

After hearing about how good Wilbon was as a redshirt then seeing him run well in the first two games then never get another shot many people have the same question. It seems pretty sketchy, especially given how meh Newby has looked.

Then you burn JS's shirt halfway into the season to mainly be a kick-returner? If he was really that dangerous why not burn it earlier?

I do think it's great Janovich is being used so much better than before but other than that I can't say I'm big on how our backs have been handled

I'm right there with you. The way our RB's have been used this year is a major head scratcher. Benning was talking the other morning and brought up a pretty good point. Right now the guys have no idea what to prepare for as there is no rhyme or reason to how our RB's get used. The point he made was tell the guys who the feature back is each week and then let the other know if they get carries what part of the game it will be in.

Our RBs right now have no rhythm and you can see that in some of our run plays which may ultimately be an OL issue. No consistency to anything we do on offense and it's starting to show.

I know how crazy it is to credit Riley for anything, much less place blame on the previous regime, but it appears the best running back available to Riley is the fullback who'd been buried on the depth chart the previous three seasons.

Running back by committee isn't the dream scenario, but it's the only way to determine who wants the job more. Ameer Abdullah wasn't anyone's obvious choice when he was platooned with his freshman competition.

It's a fair guess that some of this drama is taking place on the practice field and in the locker room. It's not expected, or desirable, that every candidate stick with the program.

If you thought you were an awesome running back, and shouldn't have to block much, you sure wouldn't have started for Tom Osborne or Frank Solich.

I know how crazy it is to credit Riley for anything, much less place blame on the previous regime, but it appears the best running back available to Riley is the fullback who'd been buried on the depth chart the previous three seasons.

Running back by committee isn't the dream scenario, but it's the only way to determine who wants the job more. Ameer Abdullah wasn't anyone's obvious choice when he was platooned with his freshman competition.

If the last staff was good at anything, it was RB development. Of course HS recruiting rankings aren't absolute, but we have the talent there. Newby is also averaging 5.7 yards per carry. During their Junior campaigns: Ameer 6.0, Roy 5.2, and Rex 4.8.

• Fire 1

If the last staff was good at anything, it was RB development. Of course HS recruiting rankings aren't absolute, but we have the talent there. Newby is also averaging 5.7 yards per carry. During their Junior campaigns: Ameer 6.0, Roy 5.2, and Rex 4.8.

Sure, but we came into

If you thought you were an awesome running back, and shouldn't have to block much, you sure wouldn't have started for Tom Osborne or Frank Solich.

The current consensus is that it's also the reason that Ozigbo isn't our starter though also. So the same goes for Mike Riley.

Right. That was the point.

Apparently goes to Wilbon as well.

No idea what all Taylor did wrong to drop off the face of the earth.

We might have some great talent in there. We're certainly deep in RBs.

Slight difference is that Helu, Burkhead and Abdullah had put up big numbers their Sophomore years, and entered their Junior year as the clearly anointed feature back.

Newby doesn't deserve the grief, but probably hasn't earned the same level of confidence, either.