Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

I don't see any reason to do this at all.

We have 3 good running backs already,a very good FB , and a running QB.

The rushing game has potential to be excellent the way it is if they would just commit to it instead of the pass first, run second mentality these coaches seem to have.

Unless JS is the next Barry Sanders and theyre planning on handing him the ball 30+ times a game our rb situation is fine without him for now.

• Fire 1

I don't see any reason to do this at all.

We have 3 good running backs already,a very good FB , and a running QB.

The rushing game has potential to be excellent the way it is if they would just commit to it instead of the pass first, run second mentality these coaches seem to have.

Unless JS is the next Barry Sanders and theyre planning on handing him the ball 30+ times a game our rb situation is fine without him for now.

Oz is probably the only versatile, reliable back we have, if you run Armstrong too much you risk injury, we have no back up QB......the rest of our backs are average and situational players.....play the best and hope for the best.

Couple of thoughts here:

1. Seems kinda dumb to pull the RS 6 games into a season that isn't going to be a championship year.

2. That being said, Jordan would appear to have the ability to be a good receiver out of the backfield, utilizing his quickness and elusiveness in the screen game. I think this is where he will eventually (hopefully now, but definitely in the future) helps us the most.

3. Wouldn't be surprised to see him used on the jet sweep runs either.

So I think he could carve out a role that is different from Janovich, Ozigbo, etc

I think it all depends on what the coaches are seeing in practice, and what they think they need from the running back position.

One thing that kind of worries me, though. Is the repeated comments from Mavric about our lack of success running between the tackles, and that the more creative runs and outside runs have had success.

If the coaches are assuming that the power run plays WOULD work if only they had the right running back, then they would likely be wrong. Whether this is from play design or Offensive line, I don't know. But it doesn't seem to matter WHO we put in there running it into a stacked box. JMHO based on Mavric's detailed analysis.

I know a guy that is a big Wisconsin guy and has some inside info from sources around that program. They claim Stevenson could have pushed Clements for #1 if he was there and it would have been no doubt once Clements got hurt.

If the guy can return kicks, punts, block Hail Mary's, not get burned on deep routes, not fumble, catch a bootleg pass that was supposed to be a run on 3rd and 7, get him on the field immediately.

Wifi? Careful, StPH. He is obviously from a naturally strong family, but I don't know how reliable his information is.