Jordan Stevenson to Play on Saturday

RADAR

I don't see any reason to do this at all.

We have 3 good running backs already,a very good FB , and a running QB.

The rushing game has potential to be excellent the way it is if they would just commit to it instead of the pass first, run second mentality these coaches seem to have.

Unless JS is the next Barry Sanders and theyre planning on handing him the ball 30+ times a game our rb situation is fine without him for now.

Do we though? I haven't seen one really separate from the pack. I know there hasn't been a lot of opportunity, but maybe it's because none of them are really that special. If you think about it, we are really judging the other backs on potential from recruiting hype. If Jordan is really special how does it make sense to keep him from the field? People are always complaining we need to get talent on the field, well maybe that's what they're doing.

All this talk about how great our other backs are makes no sense, I just haven't seen anything that impressive. A special talent could actually transform this team.

Ozigbo looked very good last game and so did Janovitch until they decided to stop giving it to them. Wilbon also looked very good until he was benched for some pass blocking problems and Cross fumbled once and was never heard from again. Newby wasn't that bad when he had a chance either. Langsdorf seems unwilling to really commit to the run no matter who's in there or whether its working or not so i don't see this kid coming in and making a huge difference.

• Fire 1

I don't see any reason to do this at all.

We have 3 good running backs already,a very good FB , and a running QB.

The rushing game has potential to be excellent the way it is if they would just commit to it instead of the pass first, run second mentality these coaches seem to have.

Unless JS is the next Barry Sanders and theyre planning on handing him the ball 30+ times a game our rb situation is fine without him for now.

Do we though? I haven't seen one really separate from the pack. I know there hasn't been a lot of opportunity, but maybe it's because none of them are really that special. If you think about it, we are really judging the other backs on potential from recruiting hype. If Jordan is really special how does it make sense to keep him from the field? People are always complaining we need to get talent on the field, well maybe that's what they're doing.

All this talk about how great our other backs are makes no sense, I just haven't seen anything that impressive. A special talent could actually transform this team.

Ozigbo averaged 10 yards per carry and caught one pass for 5 yards. I see no reason to give up on him yet.

• Fire 1

I am by no means saying give up on any of them. I am

Saying maybe js is just that good, maybe he is a special talent. If that's the case he needs to be on the field. If he's that special he won't be here until he's a senior anyway. May as well get him out there. Or, maybe he's not and the coaches are making a bad choice. Personally I hope it's the first reason

I am by no means saying give up on any of them. I am

Saying maybe js is just that good, maybe he is a special talent. If that's the case he needs to be on the field. If he's that special he won't be here until he's a senior anyway. May as well get him out there. Or, maybe he's not and the coaches are making a bad choice. Personally I hope it's the first reason

I agree with getting talent on the field. That is also why I would like to see some of the other RBs change positions. It just seems strange after the first game where Ozigbo sees significant playing time, and averages 10 yards per carry, that it is time to bring in another back, especially when we are a pass first team. I am scratching my head. I hope JS runs for 409 yards Saturday :)

My understanding is that Stevenson is a game changer with speed to burn. Has potential to hit a home run on every carry. So, why wouldn't you put him on the field right now and let him show what he has? If he is that explosive, and he wants to play, play him!

This team needs a jump start. Burning a redshirt happens, hate to see it happen, but when you have a game changer, you need to put him on the field. Sometimes offensive lineman who may be recruited by NEB see a great back and want to block for them.

Hmmmm. Playing a true freshman at running back. That's stupid. Just ask Nick Chubbs............

If the kid is half as good as advertised, feed him the rock. We are 5 games in and still no definitive RB. Give him a shot. Hell, it might be he and Oz for the next 4 years.

Problem is, he's not going to carry the rock, he's burning it to return kicks.

Apparently our $500k per year ST coordinator can't figure out a way to be special, so they'll burn this kid.

• Fire 1

Hmmmm. Playing a true freshman at running back. That's stupid. Just ask Nick Chubbs............

If the kid is half as good as advertised, feed him the rock. We are 5 games in and still no definitive RB. Give him a shot. Hell, it might be he and Oz for the next 4 years.

Problem is, he's not going to carry the rock, he's burning it to return kicks.

Apparently our $500k per year ST coordinator can't figure out a way to be special, so they'll burn this kid.

Just stopped in to say that the special teams do not look $500 better.