Keyshawn's take<< a must read for all on this board

I've done my fair share of being negative this week, but I can honestly say that I didn't even think about the recruiting factor while spewing what I've spewed all week. I know we didn't get the coach I, or a lot of people, wanted. However, we really should let that go.

We know better, Riley will get his time to get his guys. Yes they may have over thought some situations but it's part of the process. Can you handle being patient? Or, do you demand championships every year regardless?

• Fire 2

If you want to avoid the well earned scrutiny, win. Shut them up

Do you at least admit that the constant negativity and criticism has the potential to harm the program? And NO potential to help at this point?

1. Yes, but the source of the negativity is what's on the field. If he wins, it will go away.

2. No, it has an enormous potential to help. If you replace a 6-6 coach with a big name coach who is expected to play for titles, then you are moving in the right direction. Indeed, the earlier that new coach is hired, the more likely he will land some top recruits.

It has no potential to help right now. Obviously coaches need to be held accountable and there is a time to call for firings but that time is not now because it will not result in any changes this soon.

If Keyshawn is making a statement. It probably means that his kid and a few others are really looking into Nebraska. The negativity and constant bitching about the staff could potential have a serious impact on recruiting. How many would want their kid to be subjected to the sh#t that is thrown their way and at the coaches.

• Fire 1

Do you at least admit that the constant negativity and criticism has the potential to harm the program? And NO potential to help at this point?

There is scrutiny all over college football. I don't think that lowering our expectations will do the program any favors, unless, as Jason Peter says, they want to play for Illinois.
Staying supportive is not equivalent to lowering expectations.

And being critical doesn't mean that you support the program an less than a sunshine pumper who accepts mediocrity.

You really want to know what hurts the program? Firing winning coaches.

It certainly didn't work the last time, and it looks like Harvey didn't pass that information along to Pederhorst when he spent all of those months as Harv's "special assistant," or whatever the title was.

There is scrutiny all over college football. I don't think that lowering our expectations will do the program any favors, unless, as Jason Peter says, they want to play for Illinois.

And being critical doesn't mean that you support the program an less than a sunshine pumper who accepts mediocrity.

It certainly didn't work the last time, and it looks like Harvey didn't pass that information along to Pederhorst when he spent all of those months as Harv's "special assistant," or whatever the title was.

We get that. But c'mon Hunter, it happened, why are we talking about something in the past? It doesn't change what we have now. I know you know that, but can ya let it go...just a tad?

If Keyshawn is making a statement. It probably means that his kid and a few others are really looking into Nebraska. The negativity and constant bitching about the staff could potential have a serious impact on recruiting. How many would want their kid to be subjected to the sh#t that is thrown their way and at the coaches.

Maybe they will find the niceties of the SEC more to their liking. You know, places where a fan of one program goes to jail for poisoning the 100+ year old trees of their rival, and another wants to fire the coach who brought them out of their 20 year dumpster fire and won 3 NCs after every loss, even if they are still squarely in the hunt for the playoff.

We get that. But c'mon Hunter, it happened, why are we talking about something in the past? It doesn't change what we have now. I know you know that, but can ya let it go...just a tad?

I have let it go. There's nothing I can do about it.

But if what some random knuckleheads whom may or may not actually be fans of that program say on a social media influences their decisions more than that, then this country is in a world of hurt.

I have let it go. There's nothing I can do about it.

But if what some random knuckleheads whom may or may not actually be fans of that program say on a social media influences their decisions more than that, then this country is in a world of hurt.

Trust me, I understand that. I really do. But it's the world we live in. We're talking about 17-18 year olds though. Some kids get it, some don't. There's nothing a coach or parent can say to a kid about staying away from message boards, social media, etc....Kids are naturally curious, so I think both parties need to be cautious with what they are reading and writing.

My two cents.

Haha it's part of being a fan, we're allowed to be negative because we care deeply about the team and get upset when we see the team struggling. Now if our administration fired a coach every season they didn't win a national championship then that would have potential to harm the program. What is going on at Rutgers and Maryland has potential to harm a program. Fans that speak negatively? That happens everywhere across the country. Alabama fans call for Saban's head whenever Bama loses, and he's won three national championships over there.

Hell. I remember when Saban lost his first game after all the championships. A fan sold all his Alabama gear and said he wouldn't be a fan until they fired Saban. Fans are definitely crazy every where when they are used to winning. If they don't want that type of negativity, go to Wyoming or FAU or even Oregon State.

I have a hard time believing that recruit would be swayed by the negativity of a bulletin board. You know why recruits are even looking at the boards? To see what the fans are thinking (pretty sure they could give two flying f's what a bunch of posters say on a board). A kid, who is a legitimate talent, is smart enough to see NU getting toasted for over 400yrds per game in passing. See us dead last in pass defense. See us leading the nation in penalties. See a coach whose poor clock management has hurt/"cost" us two games....

So yea, If me saying Riley was and appears to be a bad hire, (an opinion) is costing us "talent", not the articulable facts listed above, I'll take the blame.........These kids are light years ahead in surfing technology to get answers. I'm sure some wold even know of a firing before the fan base. If Riley was fired, that's the only thing I see that would cost us recruits.

These highly touted kids should be looking at the "talent deficit" and realize that as a true fresh they can come in and start. Riley actually playing numerous true fresh will help recruiting as much as the novel act of winning.......

• Fire 1

I totally understand where Keyshawn is coming from about how the crap spewed across these boards can have a negative impact on recruiting. What others fail to see though is that losing has an even greater impact on recruiting. I think recruiting would be at an all-time low If things continue on this trajectory for a couple of years. Regardless, any little bit we can do to help out the program, I am all for it. So I hear you Keyshawn, tone it down. Got it.