So you want to get rid of Riley

You obviously font understand why we lost it.

I know Perlman snubbed the whole meeting (and its attendees) where the vote took place. Not cool when Harvey only needed two votes to prevent it. But you obviously knew this already and are dismissing it for some reason. Care to explain why?

I know Perlman snubbed the whole meeting (and its attendees) where the vote took place. Not cool when Harvey only needed two votes to prevent it. But you obviously knew this already and are dismissing it for some reason. Care to explain why?

One of the things I read about the process that ended with NU's AAU membership being terminated was that Perlman was allowed to make a statement but wasn't called into the meeting until they were ready to hear his statement, and then he presumably had to leave while the vote took place. I may be remembering this particular process incorrectly but I am 100% sure there was some sort of process that Perlman had to follow.

And if the AAU counted agricultural research dollars this would never have been an issue. Also, if NU had been allowed to count research dollars spent at UNO this wouldn't have been an issue. This issue was largely out of Perlman's hands because of the AAU's rules and how they count research dollars.

• Fire 1

One of the things I read about the process that ended with NU's AAU membership being terminated was that Perlman was allowed to make a statement but wasn't called into the meeting until they were ready to hear his statement, and then he presumably had to leave while the vote took place. I may be remembering this particular process incorrectly but I am 100% sure there was some sort of process that Perlman had to follow.

And if the AAU counted agricultural research dollars this would never have been an issue. Also, if NU had been allowed to count research dollars spent at UNO this wouldn't have been an issue. This issue was largely out of Perlman's hands because of the AAU's rules and how they count research dollars.

Yep. Perlman didn't snub the meeting. There are many articles out there from various people that said Perlman had to jump through hoops during the meeting and other times to keep us in the AAU. He wasn't even allowed to sit and eat with the other members as they discussed the situation. This whole thing started before him and there wasn't much he could do about it.

I believe UNO is counted. It's UNMC that isn't counted, IIRC, as it was separated from the NU system for other reasons that perpetuate its existence.

In short, DoNU got screwed by the AAU not counting Ag Research money...which is quite a myopic move, considering how Ag Research is going to become increasingly vital in the next decade or so.

I don't think that UNO was counted for the same reason that UNK or UNMC is counted. They are all separate "schools" within the University of Nebraska system.

Most of the large state schools include the Medical School within their flagship university. We break it out separately, thus the AAU doesn't count it when looking at UNL only.

http://chronicle.com/article/Ouster-Opens-a-Painful-Debate/127364/

Over the next day and a half, Mr. Perlman became increasingly isolated from an elite club whose majority would ultimately secure his institution's banishment. Feeling sucker-punched, Mr. Perlman skipped the reception at the posh hotel in Georgetown...Mr. Perlman says he engaged in some limited lobbying of presidents in hotel hallways...At 6 p.m. that evening, the presidents were bused off to dinner. Mr. Perlman did not accompany them, opting instead to dine alone.

I recommend reading the whole article and everyone drawing their own conclusions.

http://chronicle.com/article/Ouster-Opens-a-Painful-Debate/127364/

Over the next day and a half, Mr. Perlman became increasingly isolated from an elite club whose majority would ultimately secure his institution's banishment. Feeling sucker-punched, Mr. Perlman skipped the reception at the posh hotel in Georgetown...Mr. Perlman says he engaged in some limited lobbying of presidents in hotel hallways...At 6 p.m. that evening, the presidents were bused off to dinner. Mr. Perlman did not accompany them, opting instead to dine alone.

I recommend reading the whole article and everyone drawing their own conclusions.

By that point in time it was a done deal. The fact that they don't view our ag research as worthy of their organization is the problem, AND, the fact that (even though we have a fantastic research hospital by the name University of Nebraska Medical Center) they don't claim we have a research hospital are the main issues. You can sit back and hate on Perlman all you want because of some contrived hatred for the football program. But, the AAU issue was out of his hands.

Like I said in a prior post, the University has made strides to have a closer relationship with the UNMC under his leadership. Hopefully that will continue and we will get back in. If not, there are other major universities that are not in the AAU and they do very well. It's not like if we aren't in the fraternity the University is crumbling and falling apart.

• Fire 1

It seems ridiculous that agriculture research doesn't count. How do you think runzas were invented!!!

I believe UNO is counted. It's UNMC that isn't counted, IIRC, as it was separated from the NU system for other reasons that perpetuate its existence.

In short, DoNU got screwed by the AAU not counting Ag Research money...which is quite a myopic move, considering how Ag Research is going to become increasingly vital in the next decade or so.

What the frig is "DoNU"? You're the only one I've seen using this acronym for NU.

I don't think that UNO was counted for the same reason that UNK or UNMC is counted. They are all separate "schools" within the University of Nebraska system.

Most of the large state schools include the Medical School within their flagship university. We break it out separately, thus the AAU doesn't count it when looking at UNL only.

This is it exactly.

What the frig is "DoNU"? You're the only one I've seen using this acronym for NU.

you've never heard of Dear old Nebraska U?

What frig'ing fan wouldn't know that?

An Elfin fan?

An Elfin fan?

LOL!