"Joe" from Know It All Football

Doesn't this offense have any "creative" run plays other than run into the middle of the line where all the defenders are waiting? Zone read, counter, fake the sweep run up the middle, something. And why was Imani Cross the one running it? I don't know. This staff and their play calling/personnel decisions have just been baffling.

Riley said in the press conference that he just wanted them to use their timeouts. That's all he was concerned with.

Winning was apparently not one of his goals.

No, but Mods will try to put blatant trolls in their place

weird, I don't see anything trollish about that personal opinion. Actually seems to be the same thing I'm hearing on a lot of the talk shows as well. Whereas NUance's comments are blatantly a personal attack.

Dude, if you haven't noticed GBRednecks nonsense over the past week then good for you.

If you have and you are willfully getting in his corner, good luck with that.

Now truth is nonsense.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

Calling someone a 13 year old that plays Madden is a personal attack?!

GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilari

Delicate flowers we have here.....

I'm not in anyone's "corner".. I was simply pointing out fact. I have been "warned" for less! But if you guys just want posters to agree with your stances, it would be cheaper and less time consuming to just have a facebook account. Just saying!

post-12687-0-39465100-1445004722_thumb.gif

• Fire 2

I like the sequence of plays True put up, it does show, especially on the first one, what was available. If Cross makes one cut to the outside he runs a long time. That then begs the question, why Cross at that point? The way Carter was blocking down on the end leads one to believe maybe the play is designed to bounce outside? It's been pretty well established that outside is not Imani's strong suit.

But on the third down play, we're in a tight set (one wideout maybe?), so they have eight right in the box with another two close and ready to step up to support. And we run right into that mass of defenders?

Also from True's post, why is everyone who questioned the play calling a moron? Because they disagree with you?

Calling someone a 13 year old that plays Madden is a personal attack?!

GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilari

Delicate flowers we have here.....

I'm not in anyone's "corner".. I was simply pointing out fact. I have been "warned" for less! But if you guys just want posters to agree with your stances, it would be cheaper and less time consuming to just have a facebook account. Just saying!

facebook should be left to the 13 year olds

Doesn't this offense have any "creative" run plays other than run into the middle of the line where all the defenders are waiting? Zone read, counter, fake the sweep run up the middle, something. And why was Imani Cross the one running it? I don't know. This staff and their play calling/personnel decisions have just been baffling.

Riley said in the press conference that he just wanted them to use their timeouts. That's all he was concerned with.

Football is a unique game. There is an 11 man unit called the offense. Then there's an entirely different 11 man unit called the defense.

Apparently Riley's goal was to leave Wisconsin with no timeouts and let his defense do their job.

Unfortunately, Wisconsin's defense did their job, ours didn't, and the Wisconsin kicker made a very miss-able kick under the ultimate pressure.

Wisconsin rose up, and our team was not able to.

If you've watched Nebraska v. Wisconsin in the last few years, this game coming down to a last second kick is really not the norm, It'd be easy to draw some positives from this game if you chose to look for them.

Most of you just see that we lost and say "we suck". Seems like an 'emo' response, or so I've heard.

How do people not understand the difference between needing a first down to seal the deal and simply needing to burn some time off the clock?

More importantly, how do highly paid D1 football coaches not understand the difference?

because if the sequence is ran correctly, it nets an easy first down, as illustrated by true's play by play pics.

the concept that is alluding most is not looking at the plays and seeing that they should have worked.

True, I appreciate you getting all defensive. I like your passion.

Now, tell me, on our last 3 offensive plays how many yards did we gain and how much time did we kill by running head first at the defensive line that had 3 time outs?

So because they gobbled up our ball carrier on the outside a couple other times in the game, that justifies running it up the middle 3 times? I guess if you want it to? All I know is that running to the outside would theoretically bleed more time, even if it's only a second or two, before the ball carrier gets tackled down.

read what he wrote with each play. had what should have happened actually happened, more than the 12 seconds that came off the clock would have come off the clock. the second down play was especially irksome because cross was ankle tackled by a guy that was sipping gatorade when the ball was snapped.

Thats the thing, people may actually respond to his decent posts with actual conversation IF he hadn't spent the last week pissing on every thread he could.

How do people not understand the difference between needing a first down to seal the deal and simply needing to burn some time off the clock?

More importantly, how do highly paid D1 football coaches not understand the difference?

People do understand.

That's not the question. The question is what do you do differently?

You tried to get creative with the play call a bit against Illinois, in a game you clearly had won, and instead, that creativity ended up costing you the game when your QB let the ball fly.

So you're the coach The Dude, or Redux, or anyone else using hindsight to point out the supposed errors here. If you're Langsdorf and you witnessed what you did against Illinois, what are YOU doing differently in that scenario against Wisconsin?

Please tell me, because I guarantee you I can shred your playcalls just as easily as any one of you are sitting here ripping Langsdorfs thought process.

What three plays would you have called?

What three plays would you have called?

1. Newby or Ozigbo to the outside

2. Jannovich or Cross up the middle

3. If only a couple of yards needed yet, Jannovich up the middle, if 5 or more needed Newby or Ozigbo to the outside

It's not like they didn't have time to think about it, Wiscy called a timeout after every play.

True, I appreciate you getting all defensive. I like your passion.

Now, tell me, on our last 3 offensive plays how many yards did we gain and how much time did we kill by running head first at the defensive line that had 3 time outs?

So because they gobbled up our ball carrier on the outside a couple other times in the game, that justifies running it up the middle 3 times? I guess if you want it to? All I know is that running to the outside would theoretically bleed more time, even if it's only a second or two, before the ball carrier gets tackled down.

read what he wrote with each play. had what should have happened actually happened, more than the 12 seconds that came off the clock would have come off the clock. the second down play was especially irksome because cross was ankle tackled by a guy that was sipping gatorade when the ball was snapped.

Thats the thing, people may actually respond to his decent posts with actual conversation IF he hadn't spent the last week pissing on every thread he could.

Where the hell did I do that?

For me to be accused of pissing on threads last week is hilarious. I've barely even posted here this last week. This is nearly hilarious to me if it wasn't so blatantly opposite of the truth. There's half a dozen other people pissing on every other thread around here, I go nearly a week without hardly saying a word here, and now get accused of being the guy pissing on every thread he could.

Football is a unique game. There is an 11 man unit called the offense. Then there's an entirely different 11 man unit called the defense.

Apparently Riley's goal was to leave Wisconsin with no timeouts and let his defense do their job.

Unfortunately, Wisconsin's defense did their job, ours didn't, and the Wisconsin kicker made a very miss-able kick under the ultimate pressure.

Wisconsin rose up, and our team was not able to.

If you've watched Nebraska v. Wisconsin in the last few years, this game coming down to a last second kick is really not the norm, It'd be easy to draw some positives from this game if you chose to look for them.

Most of you just see that we lost and say "we suck". Seems like an 'emo' response, or so I've heard.

I sense a little butthurt, but I'll ignore it. ;)

As to the bolded, you proved my point. He had several different goals, but "Win" wasn't one of them.

If it was, he would do everything he could to try to win.

For example, try to get a first down, since in that situation, 1st down = win. He didn't try. He admitted as much in his presser.

I get that you want to defend the Husker HC. But you should pick your battles more wisely. The endgame coaching in the last two games has been indefensible.

I think you can fairly defend the end game coaching against BYU and Miami. But the endgame coaching against Illinois and Wiscy was bad, Bad, BAD. Don't waste time defending the indefensible.