Weight: 220

40 time: 4.49

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Ohio St., Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, Tennessee

Favorites: Ohio St., Wisconsin, Tennessee

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #7/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: An awesome combination of balance, speed and power. Quite simply, the best high school running back I’ve seen since Adrian Peterson. He’s a man amongst boys on the football field. The scary thing is he is going to be a senior. He has one full season to put up sick stats. As a junior, he rushed for 2,032 yards and 31 touchdowns. That’s 12 yards per carry!!

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Wisconsin ‘s got the inside track, but we have Cosgrove.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest college football recruiting buzz

Scout.com

Posted: 3 days ago

John Clay from Racine, Wis., is perhaps the nation's best big running back. Clay, 6 feet 2 and 220 pounds, rushed for 2,032 yards (12.5 yards per carry) and 31 touchdowns. He also recorded nine sacks on defense.

"I am a patient runner with good size, speed and power," Clay said. "If anything, I need to work on hitting those holes faster."

According to Clay he has scholarship offers from Mississippi, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Ohio State. For now, he remains open.

John Clay (Scout.com)

"I like Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, Texas, Miami, Southern Cal, and Tennessee," said Clay.

"Wisconsin is a school that has an offense that revolved around the running back. And they throw it to the back too. They would be a good fit for me.

"Michigan is a school that likes to run the ball a lot too and they play young backs. The same thing can be said for the rest of the schools that I like (Nebraska, Texas, Miami, USC, and Tennessee).

"It's going to come down to what school I like the best with the best opportunity for me."

• 3 months later...

holy crap, i really wasnt expecting this! how exciting would that be to get a commit from this kid, he has it all.... i like to think we have a good chance of landing one of those official visits. cmon boys bring this one in... I am getting really excited about our chances of getting a great RB this year, we are in on quite a few.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...