Gerry interception and his pointing to the fans

macroboy

Yeah, that was a nice little nod to the Husker fans in attendance. I get the impression that Gerry and the rest of the team appreciate Husker fans turning out in numbers for away games. That was an impressive turnout yesterday. Lotta red in that stadium!

Although I don't consider it a big deal I thought it was nice that Gerry pointed to the fans after that last interception. Almost like the players were sharing the win with the fans and thanking them for being there.

I could be wrong but with the crazy losses this season, and the overwhelming negativity on boards like this, it was nice to see him react that way. A nice change from the us vs them bunker mentality.

+1.

This has been the best Huskers season to follow in a long time. The losses hurt like hell, but we hurt together. We're sick for the players that they have to go through it after coming so close, and we're over the moon when they get a payoff like this. The love comes back, too.

That noxious, exhausting cloud hanging over this program? Evaporating.

And it's doubly impressive that this is happening in the midst of as terrible a football start as this program has had in decades. Leadership is knowing not only how to win, but how to respond to a loss. In closing:

:koolaid2::horns2

I'm with you. After Wisc I was just kind of sad for the players. 4 losses, 11 points, less than 20 seconds left on the clock. It just seemed crazy unfair but that is the game.

It appears that the message boards are way more toxic than the program itself right now.

• Fire 1

The university Twitter handle and Riley's guys have made conscientious efforts to thank and pump up the fans over the last couple weeks. The Jeremiah Sirles pregame video was another example. The players have been more vocal about recognizing the fans the last two weeks too. There seems to be more of a connection being made and it's really nice to see.

This is nothing. Gerry pointed to the fans and slapped his biceps towards the stands and whatever else any time he made a big play last year too.

Good kid, and good attitude, but this isn't some revelatory new perspective.

Always have to ruin the fun.

This is nothing. Gerry pointed to the fans and slapped his biceps towards the stands and whatever else any time he made a big play last year too.

Good kid, and good attitude, but this isn't some revelatory new perspective.

facts and making sense are not allowed here. Board rules. Get out. Pretty sure you were thinking there too. Thats a big no no