Its time to start thinking about extending Riley's contract.

RADAR

We all knew it would take time for the team to gel, and yesterday they did. They won on the road as an underdog, against a team that had beaten NU 2 straight years. Two years ago we were embarrassed and resoundingly beaten, by a team coached by an asst. coach that had no coaching experience. Not yesterday by seasoned coach that everyone respects.

Yesterday, we witnessed a coaching staff that put together a great gameplan and a team that finally bought in. Maybe part of it was the speech that Lewis gave the team earlier this week. (If so, it proves that Riley handled the matter with him correctly) But the team and coaching staff played to win and put a team away yesterday. They did everything we thought they could do coming into the season. They got everything out of the talent that they had. Its on to bigger and better things.

Lets look at what they did.

Put together a great gameplan - A+

Playcalling - A+

Game management - A

Special Teams - B

D-line - A+

Linebackers - A

D-backs - B-

O-line - B+

Qb - A-

Receiver's - A

So, if not a contract extension, then maybe a raise! Hip Hip Hooray!

Do you smoke crack?

The real question is "do BUGS smoke crack"???????????

I think ndobney asked a legitimate question that you are avoiding answering. I, for one, would like to know the answer. And please, for the sake of everyone here on the board, make your answer a genuine yes or no so we don't have to repeat the question.

Do you smoke Crack????? you should answer that! Another good question would be, "Why are you a BUG"???

Mike Riley is that you? I thought you were never going to figure out how to use that internets thing.

can I do that internet thingy on my flip phone??

2el4lqs.gif

That looks nothing like my Nokia flip phone.... How does it work?

I thought you had more resources than you did at Oregon - why are you still on a flip phone?

• Fire 1

We all knew it would take time for the team to gel, and yesterday they did. They won on the road as an underdog, against a team that had beaten NU 2 straight years. Two years ago we were embarrassed and resoundingly beaten, by a team coached by an asst. coach that had no coaching experience. Not yesterday by seasoned coach that everyone respects.

Yesterday, we witnessed a coaching staff that put together a great gameplan and a team that finally bought in. Maybe part of it was the speech that Lewis gave the team earlier this week. (If so, it proves that Riley handled the matter with him correctly) But the team and coaching staff played to win and put a team away yesterday. They did everything we thought they could do coming into the season. They got everything out of the talent that they had. Its on to bigger and better things.

Lets look at what they did.

Put together a great gameplan - A+

Playcalling - A+

Game management - A

Special Teams - B

D-line - A+

Linebackers - A

D-backs - B-

O-line - B+

Qb - A-

Receiver's - A

So, if not a contract extension, then maybe a raise! Hip Hip Hooray!

Do you smoke crack?

The real question is "do BUGS smoke crack"???????????

I think ndobney asked a legitimate question that you are avoiding answering. I, for one, would like to know the answer. And please, for the sake of everyone here on the board, make your answer a genuine yes or no so we don't have to repeat the question.

Do you smoke Crack????? you should answer that! Another good question would be, "Why are you a BUG"???

Mike Riley is that you? I thought you were never going to figure out how to use that internets thing.

can I do that internet thingy on my flip phone??

2el4lqs.gif

That looks nothing like my Nokia flip phone.... How does it work?

I thought you had more resources than you did at Oregon - why are you still on a flip phone?

Old school kind of guy.. I love the fullback.

• Fire 1

Ban or warn the guys that get dragged into the garbage with 74Hunter instead of just banning the obvious troll. When is the last time the guy had anything good to say about Husker football? But no, he just trolls around the site poking the f'ing stick in peoples sides because he can. It's ridiculous.

• Fire 2

Funny how a positive Husker post after a nice win brings out all the faux husker fans [ ie BUGS] that are out in force to tamp it down. really embarrassing for all of you!

My apologies in advance for feeding the troll, but I find it funny that those who are happy that the team is underachieving have proclaimed themselves as "real fans" and labeled those who are unhappy with the team being bad as "faux."

Ironic.

I am happy they won yesterday against a solid team. No beating Minnesota is not on the same level of beating Ohio St. But a good win against a good defense.

Have they underachieved so far this, yes they have, but losing isn't going to fix that. If Nebraska wins out I will be happy, I get the feeling you will be upset because they didn't win them all.

Ban or warn the guys that get dragged into the garbage with 74Hunter instead of just banning the obvious troll. When is the last time the guy had anything good to say about Husker football? But no, he just trolls around the site poking the f'ing stick in peoples sides because he can. It's ridiculous.

But the BUGS are just venting, so it is ok.

I laugh at those wanting Bo to be let go. Its comical. Jesus. We were-hell still do-poke fun at Callahan and Cosgrove. Some still doing it just last season as a method of still sticking for Pelini. So as god is my witness you damn well better expect poking at Bo well beyond 6 weeks into the first season hes gone.

I think the 408 thi g is kinda funny. Ill never use it. But i chuckle everttime i see it. Because ill be convinced otherwise that if Bo werent half the petty, narcisstic, hypersensitive a-hole he was hed still be here. Regardless of the 408.

Bo gave us a lot to poke fun of. But he won 9 games and it became a very polarizing and divisive topic. So folks want others to "let it bo". Sorry. Not happenin. Not for years.

Let it Bo.
  • Fire 1

For the record, I don't have a problem with the 408 thing either. Some of your ass hurtedness over that whole thing is funny too.

RADAR didn't contribute anything to that number. Bo Pelini and his undying commitment to one of the worst defensive schemes ever to screw the Blackshirt tradition is the reason 408 is even a thing.

408 yards were ran on the Blackshirts by one guy, in three quarters of football. RADAR wasn't the "guru" behind those numbers.

I guarantee you, right now I stamp my name on it, Banker won't ever allow his defense to give up 408 yards to one running back in his time as Nebraska defensive coordinator.

I'm not sure if it's hilarious or pathetic that Bo lives rent free in your mind. Good to see something occupy the space.

Didn't 408's team get blasted yesterday, and only scored 8 points....... and yet the Huskers won and you are sad ):

Yeah, and they didn't even have Zach Zenner and his 21 carries for 202 yards. But they obviously remember Pelini. They ran the ball 46 times.

Let's travel back in time .... and gauge our confidence level.

Nebraska just gave up a touchdown and a two-point conversion a moment ago. They just threw three passes incomplete, took almost no time off the clock and are now getting ready to punt.

How confident are you that the Huskers will win?

What's that? You're not confident?

I can't imagine why.

In some ways, I am more impressed with the way Nebraska performed in losses to BYU and Wisconsin. Both were quality foes and I feel like we played well for the most part in those games, just couldn't finish.

In watching the Minny game, I had the feeling that we were more talented. And yet we kept trying to deal them back into the game.

Not good.

Take the win. Oh heck YES. We need three more of those to get to a bowl and hopefully get something out of the extra practice time that we will get in doing so.

But if anyone is going to say... now we've turned the corner, we beat a Minnesota team that lost 27-0 to a Northwestern team that has lost its last two by a combined 78-10... well, count me out on that one.

48-17

70-31

59-24

The scores of the 3 losses in the last four times they played a Pelini defense. Included in those games is a 408 yard rushing performance run on a Blackshirt defense.

Forgive me if even in a Husker loss to Wisconsin, I feel a little better about it not looking like any of those.

Nebraska has lost to Minnesota the last two years until yesterday, the Huskers laid the smackdown 48-25. Is it cool with any of you guys if i feel pretty good about that one as well?

Ya'll better pay attention to college football a little bit more. You celebrate wins in this game, each and every week. They don't come easy anymore. Everyone has talent, and if your opponent finds the right formula on any given Saturday, you can find yourself on the losing end. Memphis beat Ole Miss yesterday and games like this are happening every week and more and more frequently.

Celebrate the wins and stop trying to diminish every single good thing this team and staff does.

True, not trying to be funny, but no truer have been spoken. Watch the games

Being happy about yesterday's game (or unhappy, I'll leave that up to each individual) is one thing. Wanting a contract extension or a raise???? Well, that's another thing. Some people seem to miss the point and want to group the two ideas together. Just because somebody doesn't think MR deserves a raise at this point doesn't mean they aren't real fans and doesn't mean they aren't happy about the win yesterday. Two different concepts.

• Fire 3

You seem wound a little tight.

Tell you what, I'll buy you a beer.

Being happy about yesterday's game (or unhappy, I'll leave that up to each individual) is one thing. Wanting a contract extension or a raise???? Well, that's another thing. Some people seem to miss the point and want to group the two ideas together. Just because somebody doesn't think MR deserves a raise at this point doesn't mean they aren't real fans and doesn't mean they aren't happy about the win yesterday. Two different concepts.

There are people here with alterior motives. it's not a phenomenon.

You seem wound a little tight.

Tell you what, I'll buy you a beer.

I'm wound tight?

You're the one coming to a message board all pissed off because the team you "root for" won yesterday. Or maybe the coach you root for lost.

For the record, I don't have a problem with the 408 thing either. Some of your ass hurtedness over that whole thing is funny too.

RADAR didn't contribute anything to that number. Bo Pelini and his undying commitment to one of the worst defensive schemes ever to screw the Blackshirt tradition is the reason 408 is even a thing.

408 yards were ran on the Blackshirts by one guy, in three quarters of football. RADAR wasn't the "guru" behind those numbers.

I guarantee you, right now I stamp my name on it, Banker won't ever allow his defense to give up 408 yards to one running back in his time as Nebraska defensive coordinator.

I'm not sure if it's hilarious or pathetic that Bo lives rent free in your mind. Good to see something occupy the space.

Didn't 408's team get blasted yesterday, and only scored 8 points....... and yet the Huskers won and you are sad ):

Yeah, and they didn't even have Zach Zenner and his 21 carries for 202 yards. But they obviously remember Pelini. They ran the ball 46 times.

The Youngstown fans are getting to know Pelini too. This is from the YSUPenguins forum "In-game embarrassment thread."

The team is playing tentative, scared, playing not to make a mistake. Unfortunately the opposite happens and mistakes are made. Starting out fumbling the opening kick off and catching a kick off out of bounds presents too big an obstacle to overcome. Defense was on the field way too long. I am not a fan of Pelini yelling at the kids after a bad play. Not a lot of people in the stands and you could hear him. Not good. You can yell but not after every negative play which there were a lot of. You cannot start the way we have against good teams. The Robert Morris game was a bad sign. Not sure what the answer is but if Pelini wants a full stadium they need to beat the better teams in the league.

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,12130.30.html

• Fire 1

The Youngstown fans are getting to know Pelini too. This is from the YSUPenguins forum "In-game embarrassment thread."

The team is playing tentative, scared, playing not to make a mistake. Unfortunately the opposite happens and mistakes are made. Starting out fumbling the opening kick off and catching a kick off out of bounds presents too big an obstacle to overcome. Defense was on the field way too long. I am not a fan of Pelini yelling at the kids after a bad play. Not a lot of people in the stands and you could hear him. Not good. You can yell but not after every negative play which there were a lot of. You cannot start the way we have against good teams. The Robert Morris game was a bad sign. Not sure what the answer is but if Pelini wants a full stadium they need to beat the better teams in the league.

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/topic,12130.30.html

How soon do you think he'll tell them all to f off?