Photos and Thoughts From the Gophers Sideline.

icedavis

I had the opportunity to have field access during the game yesterday. I brought my camera and snapped a few shots. I have posted them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/icedavis/sets/72157659614057458

Some thoughts (probably not all that much of a revelation to anyone but here they are nonetheless):

The sidelines were very crowded by us during the first half with media, cheerleaders, players families and other various staff. The ESPN camera crews require quite a bit of room due to the camera they have on the dolly cart moving up and down the sideline.

I could have moved around anywhere but chose to stay where I was when I found out my phone was dead and didn't want to lose contact with the person I went to the game with. Otherwise I would have gone to the Husker sideline and could have had more Husker specific observations.

There was a lot of action that happened in front of us during the game (we were standing right by the kicker's warm up net, watch for me on the replays!). A few TDs, some big runs, a number of passes etc. Makes it a lot easier to watch, lol, especially with such a crowded sideline. Plays happen way quicker when standing right there. Surprisingly though shooting photos wasn't too bad.

From where I was, it seemed like Nebraska controlled the game the whole way through but yet the Gophers players and coaches were still positive, supportive and never really seemed to think they were out of it. Although I will say as a Husker fan first and Gopher fan second I felt like the Gophers were out of it. Leidner was awful passing (I am not sure I saw many that weren't fluttering) and the Huskers seemed to be doing well against the run. Easy to see why then that their OL progressively looked more and more defeated when they would come to the bench right next to us. I felt like they were being let down (even though I wasn't looking to see how well they were blocking).

I know the players are tall but I am 6-6 and I felt short around players of both teams. and yet the disparity in height (between tall and short players) isn't very noticeable on tv or even from many places in the stands.

I have been to every Husker game up here (I live in the Twin Cities) since the move to the B1G and while the Huskers fans always show well, I felt like there were less this year than in the past. Not that it matters, just an observation. Those that were there though were just as loud as the Gopher contingent on big plays. The Husker Power chant that occurred later in the game was very noticeable and the GBR chant was so loud it seemed almost like a home game. A lot of Red hung around after the game and a lot of the Gopher fans

Still need more practice for better football shots...ugh.

• Fire 4

I had the opportunity to have field access during the game yesterday. I brought my camera and snapped a few shots. I have posted them here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/icedavis/albums/72157659614057458

Some thoughts (probably not all that much of a revelation to anyone but here they are nonetheless):

The sidelines were very crowded by us during the first half with media, cheerleaders, players families and other various staff. The ESPN camera crews require quite a bit of room due to the camera they have on the dolly cart moving up and down the sideline.

I could have moved around anywhere but chose to stay where I was when I found out my phone was dead and didn't want to lose contact with the person I went to the game with. Otherwise I would have gone to the Husker sideline and could have had more Husker specific observations.

There was a lot of action that happened in front of us during the game (we were standing right by the kicker's warm up net, watch for me on the replays!). A few TDs, some big runs, a number of passes etc. Makes it a lot easier to watch, lol, especially with such a crowded sideline. Plays happen way quicker when standing right there. Surprisingly though shooting photos wasn't too bad.

From where I was, it seemed like Nebraska controlled the game the whole way through but yet the Gophers players and coaches were still positive, supportive and never really seemed to think they were out of it. Although I will say as a Husker fan first and Gopher fan second I felt like the Gophers were out of it. Leidner was awful passing (I am not sure I saw many that weren't fluttering) and the Huskers seemed to be doing well against the run. Easy to see why then that their OL progressively looked more and more defeated when they would come to the bench right next to us. I felt like they were being let down (even though I wasn't looking to see how well they were blocking).

I know the players are tall but I am 6-6 and I felt short around players of both teams. and yet the disparity in height (between tall and short players) isn't very noticeable on tv or even from many places in the stands.

I have been to every Husker game up here (I live in the Twin Cities) since the move to the B1G and while the Huskers fans always show well, I felt like there were less this year than in the past. Not that it matters, just an observation. Those that were there though were just as loud as the Gopher contingent on big plays. The Husker Power chant that occurred later in the game was very noticeable and the GBR chant was so loud it seemed almost like a home game. A lot of Red hung around after the game and a lot of the Gopher fans

Still need more practice for better football shots...ugh.

Just an awesome review....thanks for taking the time to post.