LB Cameron Goode [California - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Michigan, MichSt, OhioSt aren't taking kids like this. What is our goal?

No offense to Cameron, and I am not a talent evaluator. But usually offer lists/rankings know better then us.

Until we start winning, we need to look for these possible diamonds.
We've been recruiting these 'diamonds' for awhile now. It's why our roster led to a 5-7 record, why we send a small number of players to the NFL and why Nebraska is shell of a program it once was.

This dumpster fire started with Solich and so far only Bo has found these diamonds. The problem is he could not teach and make them better. Riley has tried to get the top players here, but most of these kids were not even born when Nebraska was consistently good. I believe that Riley is a good evaluator of talent. Only time will tell.

If Pelini found "diamonds in the rough" but couldn't teach and make them better, then you wouldn't know if they were in fact "diamonds in the rough".

DPE & Carter, plus there were some that committed to us and went elsewhere to SEC schools.

Bo got one year with DPE and he was a stud.

Carter started as a freshman as well.

Some of Bo's "diamonds in the rough" killed us depth wise. Irons, Tolbert, Mixon, Shuttles, Walton, that DE that didn't even get to Lincoln, Boaz Joesph....just to name a few...

No offense to Cameron, and I am not a talent evaluator. But usually offer lists/rankings know better then us.

We've been recruiting these 'diamonds' for awhile now. It's why our roster led to a 5-7 record, why we send a small number of players to the NFL and why Nebraska is shell of a program it once was.

This dumpster fire started with Solich and so far only Bo has found these diamonds. The problem is he could not teach and make them better. Riley has tried to get the top players here, but most of these kids were not even born when Nebraska was consistently good. I believe that Riley is a good evaluator of talent. Only time will tell.

If Pelini found "diamonds in the rough" but couldn't teach and make them better, then you wouldn't know if they were in fact "diamonds in the rough".

DPE & Carter, plus there were some that committed to us and went elsewhere to SEC schools.

Some of Bo's "diamonds in the rough" killed us depth wise. Irons, Tolbert, Mixon, Shuttles, Walton, that DE that didn't even get to Lincoln, Boaz Joesph....just to name a few...

Hey Irons could still contribute!

Might be difficult if he isn't on the team any longer

That's kind of my point

That's kind of my point
Wasn't directed at you, was to the people who point out DPE on every recruit that isn't at the caliber we need here to compete. For every DPE there are 5-10 busts.

Might be difficult if he isn't on the team any longer
Didnt realize it

I agree, but some of these guys did not make it because of discipline issues, not performance on the field .

I agree, but some of these guys did not make it because of discipline issues, not performance on the field .

Pretty sure Boaz Joseph is still on the team.
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...