Plans for the Northwestern Game?

Personally, the 11am kick is an annoyance for me. I'm at work until 11, so I'm going to have to DVR the first part of the game and fast forward through commercials to catch up with everyone.

This is a weird week. I think the initial OMG IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON excitement has worn off for a lot of people...we're about as far as you can get from it before the playoff / bowl season anticipation really starts to ramp up.

I'll be at the game. Always...

There's only 12 of these guaranteed for the whole year! I miss Nebraska football when it's gone, and cannot wait until it arrives again. I think I'll always be like that regardless of how good/bad we are.

While I can't go to all of the games, I do DVR any that are on T.V. and watch them later, if I can't do that, if at all possible I tune into a radio broadcast, or listen to an internet broadcast.

This goes for all sports though. Cubs fans, royals fans. Any NFL fan. It's really all the same. Huskers win, people start wearing all husker stuff. Cubs start winning and make the playoffs, cubs fans everywhere, they probably watched 5 games out of the 162. Winning is all the matters for some. If the huskers were 7-0, we would so many different storylines to talk about. We wouldn't be talking about walk ons, or play calling. Instead we would be playing in later games just like ohio state gets to against Rutgers this coming Saturday.

Problem with some husker fans, when they win, nobody says anything. But when they lose all hell breaks lose. I see people on facebook posting all the time when their team wins, but vanish when their teams lose. So it works both ways. Like a certain USC fan i know. they win one game and its OH IS EVERYONE WATCHING MY USC DOMINATE.. Next week they lose and he's no where to be found.

Well of course. When we win, why be happy? That is what you should expect your team to do. You shouldn't be happy and celebrate when your team does what you want them to do. You should sit there and pick them apart tell everyone around you what they still did wrong and why they still aren't any good. After all, that's what fans do when their expectations are in the right place. Now, if they lose, OF COURSE all hell should break loose because that is your opportunity to shout from the roof tops that you were right all along, our program sucks and any fan who was remotely enjoying the season is not anywhere close the fan you are because everyone else has lowered their expectations.

You owe me money after this post. You broke my sarcasm meter. rofl.gif

Hahahaha! How did you know? biggrin1.gif

I'll be in section 34, row 71, seats 8-11.

I think your name is a noticeable misnomer if you're sitting in four seats. :lol:

I'll be in one of those four seats, my family members get the other three. :)

My name is actually a reflection of my penchant for the fantasy genre, movies, books, etc. It all started back in '77 I think it was when the Lincoln Journal/Star ran the Sword of Shannara comic strip on Sundays. I was hooked the first time I saw that comic strip. I found the book the comic strip was based on and I read it and every other book Terry Brooks put out regarding that world. Then I read J.R.R. Tolkiens Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I've read the entire Wheel of Time series, many of R. A. Salvatore's works and to many others to list. It's a good time. :D

• Fire 1

I think your name is a noticeable misnomer if you're sitting in four seats. :lol:

My name is actually a reflection of my penchant for the fantasy genre, movies, books, etc. It all started back in '77 I think it was when the Lincoln Journal/Star ran the Sword of Shannara comic strip on Sundays. I was hooked the first time I saw that comic strip. I found the book the comic strip was based on and I read it and every other book Terry Brooks put out regarding that world. Then I read J.R.R. Tolkiens Hobbit and Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I've read the entire Wheel of Time series, many of R. A. Salvatore's works and to many others to list. It's a good time. :D

:clap

:clap

I've actually read all but A Memory of Light and New Spring: The Novel twice. It took 23 years for all 14 books to get published and I have all of them in hardback and didn't pay a dime for any of them. biggrin1.gif

*Edit* Typo.

Now, I don't normally have friends beating down my door or blowing up my phone asking about what the plans are for the game but this year after about the 5th game I have noticed that things have slowed down.

I got one friend going with me this weekend and it should be a great time, it always is!

We will try to hit up as many bars as we can and as it gets closer to 11am we will settle in to one spot to watch the game.