Tommy Armstrong quote....

klb835

95 huskers will be honored on Saturday. Tommy was asked about it and he said he was 2 years old and he's not familiar with them. Does anyone have a problem with this? Kind of goes with Jason Peters theory of players not really respecting the banners. I would think when choosing a school one would know the history of where they are going?

Well you would think that he would care what happened here before him? Guess i'm crazy... no sense of pride for wearing the N on his helmet? I know he was 2 but he was 16-18 when he chose a school. I'm going to go to Nebraska because its a nice city??? Or National Championships??? nahhhh ... because its probably easier to start at qb here then elsewhere? sure why not

95 huskers will be honored on Saturday. Tommy was asked about it and he said he was 2 years old and he's not familiar with them. Does anyone have a problem with this? Kind of goes with Jason Peters theory of players not really respecting the banners. I would think when choosing a school one would know the history of where they are going?

I am sure that TA is aware that that Nebraska won a national championship in 1995, he walks by the trophies every day. Do I think he is familiar with every player that was on the roster, probably not. I think you are getting you knickers in a twist a little to easy.

• Fire 1

I was 2 when the 85 bears did their thing. I know their roster pretty well just because. Does he know who the first president was? I do and I wasnt born. My panties arent in a twist. I just think its odd, That hes not familiar with it. Ahman green who is that?? He played football here? Who is this tom osborne guy and why is this field named after him?

I would think when choosing a school one would know the history of where they are going?

Our recruiting classes would be even worse if that were the case. Great facilities is more important, and a little name recognition. Obviously that comes from our history but having a detailed knowledge of our history isn't that important.

Gangwish I'm sure knows about the 95 team? Anyone with a pulse should know about the 95 team? Specially one's that play football.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Gangwish is from Nebraska. I couldn't tell you the years and teams of national champions in the 90s. I could only give you an answer that might be pretty close. And I was actually old enough to watch all of them.