Questions about seating in the stadium

Mavric and Red Five, you're both right-ish. Those are visitor seating rows (visitor seating in Section 20 starts at row 41).

I believe, but don't quote me on this, that visitor seating is usually sold to Section 21 first, then to the upper levels of Sections 19 & 20, then to upper 40 & 41, and if necessary to Section 20 between rows 41-68. When visitors don't sell their full allotment (like BYU), the lower rows of Section 20 and the upper rows of Sections 40 & 41 are most often returned.

Here's a larger version of that seating chart.

MtWzaiF.png

• Fire 1

Mavric and Red Five, you're both right-ish. Those are visitor seating rows (visitor seating in Section 20 starts at row 41).

I believe, but don't quote me on this, that visitor seating is usually sold to Section 21 first, then to the upper levels of Sections 19 & 20, then to upper 40 & 41, and if necessary to Section 20 between rows 41-68. When visitors don't sell their full allotment (like BYU), the lower rows of Section 20 and the upper rows of Sections 40 & 41 are most often returned.

I have a hard time believing that BYU didn't sell their full allotment of tickets. That was a huge and highly anticipated game for them.

It looks like we lowered our visitor allotment from 4000 to 3000 this year. The article also states that BYU asked for all 3000 tickets (USM 700 and USA 750).

I have a hard time believing that BYU didn't sell their full allotment of tickets. That was a huge and highly anticipated game for them.

It looks like we lowered our visitor allotment from 4000 to 3000 this year. The article also states that BYU asked for all 3000 tickets (USM 700 and USA 750).

They may have. There sure seemed to be a lot of BYU fans there. I know sections 40 & 41 were very loud, and it seemed like all visitor sections were full.

Maybe the 1,000 seats they took away were in the lower portion of Section 20. That graphic I have is probably at least a year old.

Those are really good seats, actually. We sit in north stadium, about row 60, and we have a very good view. Row 44 should be really good.

The great thing about endzone seats is that you can see blocking develop, you can see holes open up for runners, you can see passes along the sidelines. In East or West stadium the line of scrimmage looks like a big mess, you can't really tell what's happening at the point of attack as well. You see vertical stuff well enough, but you don't see what's going to happen as well. I would take those seats.

Whenever I've bought tickets for a game that weren't our usual seats, I've picked end zone seats. The last time I sat in East or West stadium was for the Rice game in 2001.

WHAT SECTION IN NORTH STADIUM DO YOU USUALLY SIT?

Those are really good seats, actually. We sit in north stadium, about row 60, and we have a very good view. Row 44 should be really good.

The great thing about endzone seats is that you can see blocking develop, you can see holes open up for runners, you can see passes along the sidelines. In East or West stadium the line of scrimmage looks like a big mess, you can't really tell what's happening at the point of attack as well. You see vertical stuff well enough, but you don't see what's going to happen as well. I would take those seats.

Whenever I've bought tickets for a game that weren't our usual seats, I've picked end zone seats. The last time I sat in East or West stadium was for the Rice game in 2001.

36-A. Almost right in line with the west hash-mark.

36-A. Almost right in line with the west hash-mark.

WOULD YOU SAY THIS IS PRETTY CLOSE?

86569.jpg

A little to the left and maybe a few rows closer, but yeah, that's about what it looks like.

EDIT - it's also bigger in real life. That looks like a stadium for ants. It's more like this:

O87Bmeg.jpg

CAN YOU MAKE THAT FIRST ONE I POSTED OF SECTION 20 BIGGER?

A little to the left and maybe a few rows closer, but yeah, that's about what it looks like.

EDIT - it's also bigger in real life. That looks like a stadium for ants. It's more like this:

O87Bmeg.jpg

CAN YOU MAKE THAT FIRST ONE I POSTED OF SECTION 20 BIGGER?

Yes.

HzeyVHK.jpg

THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME ON MOBILE
  • 8 years later...