The best hit ever

There is now no such thing as a good clean hit. They are all potentially dangerous and need to be banned from the game. Further, it is necessary that we should use 5 minutes of replay to determine if two helmets contacted one another, and if this happens the player must be ejected. We can simply not tolerate hard hits above the stomach, and these players need to made examples of. After all millions of dollars are at stake with the health and future of this game, and really isn't that what it's all about?

I agree with this a lot. to be really honest I don't think football will even be around in 20 years. We can become a soft society

I loved the one that led to a helmet flying off against KSU. I think it was the 1994 game? DaMarcus/Joe Walker was running the punt back? Rucker made the block.

To go with something more recently, I think it's fair to bring up when our kids opted not to hit someone. Remember that bowl game against Washington when Locker had a concussion but was allowed to return to the field of play? I remember him running in the red zone and "we" could clearly have hammered him but laid off. I thought that was good sportsmanship on our part and showed our kids were more adult than the UW coaching staff.

Was just featured on the big screen during the last timeout

• 2 years later...
On 10/23/2015 at 8:04 AM, Red Five said:

In the same vein, I'm pretty sure in 94 or 95 that we hit (KSU QB) Chad May so hard that we caved in his facemask.

Mike Rucker absolutely liquifies a K-state defender on a punt return.  1995 season.  It’s the hardest hit I’ve ever seen in memorial stadium.  I’d like to find video of that play from the sideline view.  The camera angle from the end zone doesn’t do justice how fast Rucker was flying downfield.  Mike Fullman scores on the return.  

21 minutes ago, HeadHusker said:

Mike Rucker absolutely liquifies a K-state defender on a punt return.  1995 season.  It’s the hardest hit I’ve ever seen in memorial stadium.  I’d like to find video of that play from the sideline view.  The camera angle from the end zone doesn’t do justice how fast Rucker was flying downfield.  Mike Fullman scores on the return.  

How on earth did you even find this thread?

Live, it's the Rucker block on Fullman's punt return. I was in the student section and the whole thing came toward us.

I was a toddler in '78 so I obviously have no memory of the game but having seen the Ruud hit many times and the resulting officiating blunder, I often wonder if we had not held on to win that game that we might be talking about that as one of the biggest screw jobs of all time.

• Plus1 1

On 10/23/2015 at 2:54 PM, TGHusker said:

I've always thought John Ruud's hit was the best and the refs steal the fumble away from him - so apparent.

Suh had the best shot putt move - throwing McCoy like a rag doll. Rucker and Bell tied for the best block.

What about frost's block?

• Plus1 1
On 10/23/2015 at 12:28 PM, dvdcrr said:

There is now no such thing as a good clean hit. They are all potentially dangerous and need to be banned from the game. Further, it is necessary that we should use 5 minutes of replay to determine if two helmets contacted one another, and if this happens the player must be ejected. We can simply not tolerate hard hits above the stomach, and these players need to made examples of. After all millions of dollars are at stake with the health and future of this game, and really isn't that what it's all about?

Is dvdcrr really Ed Cunningham?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1