JUCO S Markell Simmons [TCU - Signed LOI]

Mavric

Looks like a stud, so I'd be happy to take him. Only question, like asked, is if we're looking at CB or S. CB, hell yes, come on over. Safety... Gerry and Williams (one of them) should have that fairly locked down next season, and which ever Williams wins (I'm assuming Aaron) should hold that spot for a few years.

Have either of themselves proved they have a safe spot next year? I personally wouldn't say so.

Gerry has, and you're fooling yourself if you say no. Has he played as well this year as he did last? Nah. But he's not losing a two year starting job.

I don't think a player on a team with 3-5 wins is going to be in any position to have locked down anything, especially with the atrocious play in the secondary. In fact, Riley SHOULD open all spots. I mean how worse can it get? He needs to find the best players for his philosophy. If Gerry is it, great. If not, then this kid should have a shot.

• Fire 2

Looks like a stud, so I'd be happy to take him. Only question, like asked, is if we're looking at CB or S. CB, hell yes, come on over. Safety... Gerry and Williams (one of them) should have that fairly locked down next season, and which ever Williams wins (I'm assuming Aaron) should hold that spot for a few years.

Have either of themselves proved they have a safe spot next year? I personally wouldn't say so.

Gerry has, and you're fooling yourself if you say no. Has he played as well this year as he did last? Nah. But he's not losing a two year starting job.
Gerry has been terrible. Dude can't make a tackle in space and takes horrible angles.
  • Fire 1

Not playing this year to save eligibility and graduate at semester.

Pretty much down to Nebraska and Utah. Visiting Utah in two weeks then making a decision. Says if Utah's academic programs don't measure up to Nebraska's, he'll pick Nebraska. If it's close, he'll have a tough decision.

Also hearing from TCU and Oregon State.

How is he the silent commit??? He openly says he needs to go see Utah.... I highly doubt a silent commit would say I'll decide after I visit another school. I feel this silent commit thing is getting out of hand.

Possibly committed but just wants to make sure. Commit levels vary these days.

• 2 weeks later...