OG Will Farniok [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Weird, I follow HS football too and notice talent is low as ever. I think you're confused because RC football is not good.

What was your former name Matty?

I will trust your assessment on S.D. talent, but if Sodak coaches he may know a little more about the talent aspect of SD. Of course coaching isn't everything, but I will say both of you have valid points. He says talent is getting better or is on the uptick, while you think it is not as good as he thinks it is. Both are fair points, but I would presume that the talent is getting better toward that area(SF) of SD because it is getting bigger if I am not mistaken.

Lets see how good Farniok will be when he gets to N, we could potentially see both Farnioks on the line at the same time during their Huskers careers and that would be cool to watch!

Yes, the flaw is that he comes from the part of state where FB is getting worse and worse and possibly assumes that reason is because SF schools are getting better and better... not sure that's the case. The Rapid Schools typically get beat by ~45ish when they play the SF schools and that's been the case for years and years and years.

See that would be a flaw if I didn't coach in Sioux Falls until the last 5 years.. I have been on both sides of it. Talk to the coaches down in SF regularly and those opportunities that they get they are taking advantage of them. Which I think is awesome. RC schools suck compared to SF schools. Don't have the commitment or the resources. Baseball owns RC and always will.

Weird, I follow HS football too and notice talent is low as ever. I think you're confused because RC football is not good.

I will trust your assessment on S.D. talent, but if Sodak coaches he may know a little more about the talent aspect of SD. Of course coaching isn't everything, but I will say both of you have valid points. He says talent is getting better or is on the uptick, while you think it is not as good as he thinks it is. Both are fair points, but I would presume that the talent is getting better toward that area(SF) of SD because it is getting bigger if I am not mistaken.

Lets see how good Farniok will be when he gets to N, we could potentially see both Farnioks on the line at the same time during their Huskers careers and that would be cool to watch!

Yes, the flaw is that he comes from the part of state where FB is getting worse and worse and possibly assumes that reason is because SF schools are getting better and better... not sure that's the case. The Rapid Schools typically get beat by ~45ish when they play the SF schools and that's been the case for years and years and years.
See that would be a flaw if I didn't coach in Sioux Falls until the last 5 years.. I have been on both sides of it. Talk to the coaches down in SF regularly and those opportunities that they get they are taking advantage of them. Which I think is awesome. RC schools suck compared to SF schools. Don't have the commitment or the resources. Baseball owns RC and always will.

Thank god then. Yes, baseball and wresting out west. Also, had a good hoops team this year out in RC.

So, what is your reply to the lack of D1 guys coming out of SF if the talent is so high? (See couple posts up)?

Thank god then. Yes, baseball and wresting out west. Also, had a good hoops team this year out in RC.

So, what is your reply to the lack of D1 guys coming out of SF if the talent is so high? (See couple posts up)?

Hoops team chokes every year. It's a given unfortunately. I said in the last 5 years the talent has gotten better. Which it obviously has. Gerry, Farniok, Farniok all to Nebraska is pretty good for a state that's population is smaller than Omaha. Show me the D1 athletes 5 years before. I can think of Reiff and the two Farniok but that's about it. Never was impressed with Schmidt when he committed to Ohio State (transferred to Cincy maybe). Vandenberg is at Iowa. I know Nebraska has more D1 prospects but I said this 2017 SFW could probably play with any team in Nebraska this year. I'm not saying that South Dakota is loaded with talent but that SF area talent pool is getting deeper and deeper. P.S. O'Gorman should be in the highest class with the way they recruit kids!!
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rivals and Scout say 260, 247 says 255. All of those numbers sound better than the 235 when his profile was started. Long ways to go though obviously. If he gets to 275 by the time he gets to campus he'll be fine. A redshirt will give more time to bulk. That's a lot of weight to add though. Lot of work ahead for him.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't much impressed with him at FNL. In my opinion its hard to get a real gauge on some of these guys until they get the pads on.

In what way Baytown?

Idk maybe its just me. I expected more out of the whole group in general. But again I shouldn't be judging. He may be a whole different machine when the pads come on.

• Mavric changed the title to OG Will Farniok [Nebraska - Signed LOI]