Next Week...If Not Tommy, Who?

How about we just don't run standard pro style passes 85 pct of the game? The 10 pct of the time we ran other stuff we did great, the other 5 pct was just tommy ad libbing

Exactly. If you want pro style switch QBs. Someone is better than TA. Better yet design the offense to the strengths of your players and spend some time working on eliminating small errors. This team has not been beaten this season, we simply threw four games away with a lack of fundamentals.

There

Is

No

Other

Option

At

Quarteback

Please

Come

To

Terms

With

This

Then we have no options at QB. Changing quarterbacks won't fix this team, but our production at the position has been well short of adequate.

Every team has drops, and you should expect at least a few when you throw the ball 50 times, but the vast majority of our incomplete passes today (and throughout the season) are due to poor decision-making and accuracy.

I'm not calling for change, as I know next to nothing beyond the names of our other options, but I have a great deal of difficulty believing that any random FBS backup could be significantly less productive.

His footwork is horrendous, he forces the ball into bad situations and worst of all, he turns his back on the play when pressured.

Now is the perfect time to make a change. We aren't going to a bowl game unless something drastically changes. Purdue is next. Might as well give the young guys some reps. You might find a spark.

I don't care if he was voted captain. Gangwish & Westerkamp are the only captains that have played like one. Maybe sitting on the bench for a game will make him realize he won't play making mistakes. But you know, that would require a coach being a coach.

I am in the group who also would like to see something different from TA. Either TA gets benched for a quarter or runs more instead of heaving it off back foot. I don't know if he is the leader or a leader. I think as everyone knows, the QB position can change a teams way.

Don't forget that NW did beat Stanford and Duke this year, who are legit top 25 teams. They are a decent team. They are not great, but just maybe, the best team that Nebraska has played this year to this point.

This loss isn't as bad as some of the others. The issue is this loss following the Illinois and Wisky losses makes it worse than what it is. We will see that Minny is just an average to below average team that will end up with the same win total as Neb.

I would also suggest that its time to move forward with this experiment and delete it from out memory as soon as the season ends. Fire Eichorst, fire Riley, and hire Alberts as AD and Frost as Coach, and lets get Big Red Nation united once again.

I was one who with common sense say that Riley deserves at least 3 years, but common sense also says that if we don't get a bowl game, we won't get that extra practice, we won't gain exposure to more recruits, and with the lack of talent on the field as of now, that will kill this program worse than firing another coach, or AD.

Riley is a nice guy, better suited for USC, if he wants to coach a power school. His style is West Coast, his recruiting tyes are West Coast. The best single thing that could happen is if he would go to USC on his own, and then we could move on without being a negative in the opinion of the football pundants.

If they don't replace him, put him in a position to win. If he passes running forward after running on a roll out, he's less likely to throw off his back foot.

He's not tough like Cook, Stave, or Hackenberg who will stand in there. set their feet. and take a shot if it means a completion.

So why keep expecting he will. Roll, run, pass option or just run it.

Why are people so against pulling Tommy? The season is over. There's an extremely strong chance we won't be bowl eligible. Why not give another guy a chance? How can people say Tommy is our best option when no other quarterback has played a down?

IMHO we are done winning till sept 2016. I don't see any wins on the schedule, we won't be favored in any of the remaining games. If we do win it will be an upset. Next year after the first two games it might get ugly again.

That pick-6 was horrible. Tommy has not progressed as a qb other than what you'd naturally expect from being more experienced.

That said, Tommy played well enough in the second-half for us to win the game. The run-game didn't produce, we dropped passes, and the D didn't hold-up when it counted.

Tommy is still our best chance of winning and they aren't ready to give-up on the season. Fyfe is the back-up, but obviously not the future, so do you throw your #3 in just to see what happens?

Two things:

1) The "drops," while catchable, were not well-thrown balls. Our guys should have made those grabs, fine, but Tommy didn't make it easy for them.

2) We win without that pick-six. It not only was the difference on the scoreboard, but gave them big-time momentum.

I like Tommy a lot. He's a good kid, plays hard, has natural leadership tendencies, but he puts the team into bad spots at times. On the other hand, he's being asked to do a lot of things that don't come naturally to him.