For those who want to look forward to something brighter

Tatum

Why don't we discuss the potential new starters for next year, and also the potential bright spots? I know it's hard when we don't know for sure who all the coaches next year will be (surely Stewart and the special teams coach are gone at least, right?) and the philosophies, but still.

If Jordan Stevenson stays, I think he could take over at running back. Not sure how well his speed/agility translates to the college game, but he looks the part.

Nick Gates could be very impressive next year.

How about the fresh CB's getting to play next year? Surely they can upset the current batch.

On the bright side, the announcers said that the coaches have only put in half the offensive playbook they used at OSU. So now they can put in the half that doesn't suck.

Our rushing is horrible and I don't know if it is due to coaching, OL or running backs. I can see all three being the problem. Not being able to run 3 yards for a first down is pathetic.

Agree, time to start looking toward the future and who has potential to make some plays. I'm still hopeful that Wilbon can get his off field issues resolved to see what he can do. We really need a couple of wide receivers with speed that can run complete routes. Hopefully that is DPE and Morgan. We should probably start playing other players on OL at this point in order to get experience and maybe we'll discover some run blockers on the bench.

No bowl game, no real chance at getting better on the recuiting end is there ? The best thing right now is for Riley to leave for a different job, like USC. They wanted him when they hired Lane Kiffin, so maybe his phone might ring again for that position. Highly doubtful, but thats the best insight I have right now.

Other insight is that his loss of all of them is the least of the issue. This loss was to a team that did beat Stanford and Duke who are Top 25. So with that in mind, this loss is bearable, if we wouldn't have loss to Illinois, BYU, and maybe even Wisky before. This loss joining those others just magnifys the issues that this staff has.

Like I was saying, this loss is not as bad of a loss as others, but this one on top of those just makes losing suck even more.

IMO, the starting linebackers next year need to be Weber, M. Newby, and maybe Rose-Ivey if he can stay healthy. It would have been better for everyone if Banderas had been kicked off the team when he stole those bikes. If you dropped him in a lake, he would surely drown with those cement shoes.

The starting RB needs to be anyone but T. Newby if the running game is going to have a snowball's chance in hell.

No bowl game, no real chance at getting better on the recuiting end is there ? The best thing right now is for Riley to leave for a different job, like USC. They wanted him when they hired Lane Kiffin, so maybe his phone might ring again for that position. Highly doubtful, but thats the best insight I have right now.

Other insight is that his loss of all of them is the least of the issue. This loss was to a team that did beat Stanford and Duke who are Top 25. So with that in mind, this loss is bearable, if we wouldn't have loss to Illinois, BYU, and maybe even Wisky before. This loss joining those others just magnifys the issues that this staff has.

Like I was saying, this loss is not as bad of a loss as others, but this one on top of those just makes losing suck even more.

They also got blown out by minn which we beat handily. Stanford was a bad team the first two games. If Stanford plays NW next week, Stanford drops 40 on them and wins easily.