I miss the Big 12

BoNeyard

The issue with the B1G is, the West was extremely weak this year, we had a decent amount of talent and are going to finish last or second to last place in the West.....

We have to try and enter ourselves into recruiting grounds that belong to Ohio State and Michigan.

Urban Meyer and Ohio State are not going to lose the strong hold on this conference.

The issue with the B1G is, the West was extremely weak this year, we had a decent amount of talent and are going to finish last or second to last place in the West.....

We have to try and enter ourselves into recruiting grounds that belong to Ohio State and Michigan.

Urban Meyer and Ohio State are not going to lose the strong hold on this conference.

2012 was the year to win it, and failed absolutely horribly.

NU isn't winning this conference any time soon. Cripes, we've lost 3 conference games to WEST DIVISION schools. It wasn't OSU, MICH, and MSU....

It was Illinois, Northwestern, and Wisconsin (in a bad year and a coaching change).

UGH.

I'm in favor of amending HuskerBoard rules to give an immediate ban to anyone who still pines after that abortion of a conference. It's pathetic. It's like begging your ex-boyfriend to take you back, and telling all your friends it wasn't his fault that he cheated on you.

Have some self-respect for Pete's sake.

• Fire 1

Just go independent. Get a TV deal with someone, and schedule Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas State, Iowa and Colorado every year. After that, schedule who ever you want.

If I was NU and independent I would get a schedule that looked something like this...

Week 1 - Mizzou (Permanent)

Week 2 - Houston

Week 3 - Florida State or Miami

Week 4 - BYE

Week 5 - Kansas State (Permanent)

Week 6 - Tennessee

Week 7 - SMU

Week 8 - Iowa (Permanent)

Week 9 - Air Force or Navy

Week 10 - Oklahoma (Permanent)

Week 11 - Colorado State

Week 12 - Notre Dame

Week 13 - Colorado (Permanent) Thanksgiving weekend

Week 14 - BYE (CCG Week)

Bowl Game - ???

Going independent is nearly impossible. BYU is finding it's pretty hard to do. You think all those teams that you are putting in as "permanent" would want to lock in a non-conference game with NU every year? What do they have to gain from playing NU every year? It's not like going to Nebraska opens up a huge recruiting hot bed.

That's not an issue with the Big Ten, that's an issue with Nebraska. Put Nebraska back in the Big XII and those issues still exist.

I'm in favor of amending HuskerBoard rules to give an immediate ban to anyone who still pines after that abortion of a conference. It's pathetic. It's like begging your ex-boyfriend to take you back, and telling all your friends it wasn't his fault that he cheated on you.Have some self-respect for Pete's sake.

Thank you. I'm so tired of every time we lose. "I wanna go back to the big 12". The big ten is home. Get used to it. Not going anywhere for 10 years. Doesn't the big ten have a 10 mil out fine ??

The B1G is a fantastic conference. If we can get back to our old shape and a good hard running game, B1G play will be a lot of fun. Personally, the academic prestige of the B1G is enough for me to be happy here.

Ya who doesn't love academics. I mean, that translates to wins more so than superb athletes.
I am not a huge fan of Big Ten football. But, as an academic institution, being in the Big Ten is a very good thing for the University of Nebraska. The move was as much for academics as it was athletics.

I only miss it because even during our down years like this one we could still feel good about beating rival schools like KSU/Kansas/Mizzou/Oklahoma. Maybe it's just because I grew up in Kansas but football just isn't as fun without playing them every year, so if we're not competing for the conference I have little reason to get excited. That said Wisconsin is the best rival we've had since the 80's.

The B1G is a fantastic conference. If we can get back to our old shape and a good hard running game, B1G play will be a lot of fun. Personally, the academic prestige of the B1G is enough for me to be happy here.

Ya who doesn't love academics. I mean, that translates to wins more so than superb athletes.

You do know there is a university attached to our football program, right?

Also, keep in mind, everyone, that the Big12 is also changing. It's doing great athletically right now, but there is still no guarantee it will be around for a long time. And it may change in a lot of ways that aren't desirable for fans.

Want to run back to the Big 12 because you can't handle it in the Big Ten West...come on that makes it look like we are a bunch of sissies and you know that is what everyone one will say....and they are right if we do that

No kidding, we have let a school where most of the students don't care about football come into our stadium and beat us 2 out of 3 times, and the only win was via a Hail Mary.

You do know there is a university attached to our football program, right?

Yea, but football brings in a crap load of money and shouldn't be ignored.