Signed - RB Tre Bryant

Haspula

OWH Bottom Line did a quick 5 minute breakdown on him. Mods let me know if I need to do anything special besides link to the breakdown (or if it's even allowed--please delete if I'm violating a TOS).

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/tbl-analysis-of-husker-commit-tre-bryant/article_fa1c1198-bc05-11e5-add5-330a40d24eac.html

I like how Joe Ganz talked about how you cant tell too much bc of the level of competition, the kid plays in the largest class in the state of Missouri and there is no shortage of athletes in St. Louis. Very stoked to get Tre and cant wait to see him on Saturdays.

His high school coach spoke recently about the player we are getting. He mentioned that many of the touchdowns his team scored were team based, meaning the whole team did what needed to be done to score. However he also said some of the TD's were from Tre's ability alone and that he was the only player in the history of his high school to get playing time as a freshman.

OWH Bottom Line did a quick 5 minute breakdown on him. Mods let me know if I need to do anything special besides link to the breakdown (or if it's even allowed--please delete if I'm violating a TOS).

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/tbl-analysis-of-husker-commit-tre-bryant/article_fa1c1198-bc05-11e5-add5-330a40d24eac.html

I like how Joe Ganz talked about how you cant tell too much bc of the level of competition, the kid plays in the largest class in the state of Missouri and there is no shortage of athletes in St. Louis. Very stoked to get Tre and cant wait to see him on Saturdays.

I don't think he's specifically talking about the talent in the state as much as the talent on his team. CBC is one of 3 big all male private schools in the city. There are plenty of good players in the state, but not many schools have talent across the board like these private schools do who can recruit athletes. It's a lot easier to pile up stats when you have a line that is more talented than the other team. That's not taking anything away from Bryant though. He would have big numbers anywhere, but they are probably a little easier to come by due to the team he was on.

I don't think he's specifically talking about the talent in the state as much as the talent on his team. CBC is one of 3 big all male private schools in the city. There are plenty of good players in the state, but not many schools have talent across the board like these private schools do who can recruit athletes. It's a lot easier to pile up stats when you have a line that is more talented than the other team. That's not taking anything away from Bryant though. He would have big numbers anywhere, but they are probably a little easier to come by due to the team he was on.

His team is superior to most of the competition they played but when they faced an unbeaten blue springs south in the state title game he still went off for 186 and 3 TD's. Blue Springs South was a more physical team on the Line of scrimmage than CBC. His team lost to Blue 37-28.

• 2 weeks later...

Running backs coach Reggie Davis: “When you look at his highlight film, the first things on there are pass protection. You don't see that a whole lot. … That's an important part, but something that gets missed a lot of times. The pass protection aspect. … He is multi-faceted. He has good speed. He has good balance. He's able to break tackles. He can do a lot of things for us.”

OWH

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...