JUCO DE Jonathan Kongbo [Tennessee Commit]

Mavric

Mo chandler a big athlete that can man a CB spot would be nice too. Markell safety could all be immediate pt guys. All big needs

Ya, they could. But im pretty excited about some youngsters coming up in the program already in the back on D. Think i might rather have some other good high school players come in rather than jucos. But if they will for sure make us better im good with whoever.

Mo chandler a big athlete that can man a CB spot would be nice too. Markell safety could all be immediate pt guys. All big needs

Ya, they could. But im pretty excited about some youngsters coming up in the program already in the back on D. Think i might rather have some other good high school players come in rather than jucos. But if they will for sure make us better im good with whoever.

I agree with the young pups but if we want an elite d their are 4 guys on the field we need. 2 d ends and 2 corners. Our young guys were not recruited to be lock down man to man corners. They may be able to fill that role but if we can find a guy or 2 who can play on an island, the rest of our defensive recruiting gets easier. Recruiting needs on defense are 1) corners 2) defensive ends. I remember when riley first was hired he said that corners were worth gold on defense bc the overall value they mean to a defense.

I agree with the young pups but if we want an elite d their are 4 guys on the field we need. 2 d ends and 2 corners. Our young guys were not recruited to be lock down man to man corners. They may be able to fill that role but if we can find a guy or 2 who can play on an island, the rest of our defensive recruiting gets easier. Recruiting needs on defense are 1) corners 2) defensive ends. I remember when riley first was hired he said that corners were worth gold on defense bc the overall value they mean to a defense.
I think Jones and Kalu will both be damn good at CB with some more seasoning. Those two have really gotten better throughout the year. Gerry has not looked good in coverage this year(still think he might be hurt). And Williams should be starting in front of Cockrell. And the kids from Colorado RSing this year i think will be damn good. Then whatever we bring in in next class. I think our DBackfield is gonna get quite a bit better next year if Gerry picks it up, otherwise needs to be next man up.

• 2 weeks later...