Tommy's status

Swiv3D

I think he got dinged up against Northwestern. There was a play that he was limping afterward but I can't remember when. Probably gonna miss a couple practices so he can be healed up for Purdue.

That'd be my guess anyway.

If these coaches weren't confident in Tommy, they wouldn't be slinging it all over the yard with him. Not that they had a whole lot of choice in the Northwestern game.

It was on the deep pass in the 4th quarter to Reilly (or Westerkamp, couldn't tell with those uniforms) right before the last touchdown. He may have hurt himself earlier, but I remember he took a big hit on that play and was hobbling up to the line. Was really surprised he ran for a touchdown that drive

• Fire 1

Now all the tommy haters will get their wish and a different qb will start

Can you reference the posts where someone had said they hated Armstrong?

I happen to think Armstrong is a lot better now than Fyfe, but I also think Armstrong has hit his ceiling. Fyfe might not have much more potential, but I hope we get to see if he has room for improvement.

Past several game day threads are full of examples.

I think he got dinged up against Northwestern. There was a play that he was limping afterward but I can't remember when. Probably gonna miss a couple practices so he can be healed up for Purdue.

If these coaches weren't confident in Tommy, they wouldn't be slinging it all over the yard with him. Not that they had a whole lot of choice in the Northwestern game.

It was on the deep pass in the 4th quarter to Reilly (or Westerkamp, couldn't tell with those uniforms) right before the last touchdown. He may have hurt himself earlier, but I remember he took a big hit on that play and was hobbling up to the line. Was really surprised he ran for a touchdown that drive

You shouldn't be. Tommy is a tough SOB. I would be really surprised if he isn't starting on Saturday.

Let Fyfe start. Seriously, what are they out? Good opportunity to let Tommy heal up and take a step back from things. Also, who knows, maybe Fyfe will be a spark.

fyfe doesn't care. I have a friend that helps with the team that says fyfe legitimately could be better than Armstrong but he just doesn't care enough.

Now all the tommy haters will get their wish and a different qb will start

Can you reference the posts where someone had said they hated Armstrong?

I happen to think Armstrong is a lot better now than Fyfe, but I also think Armstrong has hit his ceiling. Fyfe might not have much more potential, but I hope we get to see if he has room for improvement.

Here's a whole thread

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/77038-next-weekif-not-tommy-who/?hl=%2Bif+%2Bnot+%2Btommy

Let Fyfe start. Seriously, what are they out? Good opportunity to let Tommy heal up and take a step back from things. Also, who knows, maybe Fyfe will be a spark.

fyfe doesn't care. I have a friend that helps with the team that says fyfe legitimately could be better than Armstrong but he just doesn't care enough.

Sounds like Fyfe has the right mentality there! Good for him.

You shouldn't be. Tommy is a tough SOB. I would be really surprised if he isn't starting on Saturday.

Believe me I know he is, played through injuries during his career here. But that hit looked really bad, defender seemed to land right on his ankle. I'm just saying I'm surprised he was able to move at all.