D Line Recruits

With a lack of prospects at the position I decided to search the world wide web for potential DL recruits NU has not offered that are located in the Midwest. (Found on Rivals position rankings)

SDE

Isaiahh Loudermilk KS ***

Josh Mueller WI ***

Jerrion Nelson MO ***

DT

Jojo Garcia MN ***

Amir Watts IL ***

Jovan Swann IN ***

With a lack of prospects at the position I decided to search the world wide web for potential DL recruits NU has not offered that are located in the Midwest. (Found on Rivals position rankings)

SDE

Isaiahh Loudermilk KS ***

Josh Mueller WI ***

Jerrion Nelson MO ***

DT

Jojo Garcia MN ***

Amir Watts IL ***

Jovan Swann IN ***

Jojo did not play his senior year because if sone elibility issues because of transfers at East Ridge. Might be some character issues with him as well...all speculation.

Might be able to get after him since Kill stepped down...

• 2 weeks later...

i was wondering why valentine signed with uab. they aren't even fielding a team til 2017. he would be perfect as a DT for the huskers. i hate that he didn't pan out at lsu, we could use him right now.

what's it like at a school that has a tough time recruiting top flight DTs. running a 34, 33 stack or anything that resembles a 50 type defense seems like a necessity. i think having a good DC at a school that doesn't recruit monsters for DTs every year is much more important than having one at schools who recruit them on an annual basis. that's why i think yall need a new DC so badly. not much room for schematic error when scheming around things.

it's nice to play man, have a dline that can rush by itself and hold ground for LBers, but i've always been impressed by DCs that make up for talent gaps. i can't believe no one snatched up durkin from uf before harbaugh did. they don't have to scheme around everything at uf, but the defense he ran is built for it.

• 1 month later...

Ok so after reading up on our recruiting woes at this spot where do we stand today?

Anybody got a scoop who we are in it for at DT or DE? I think DT is the bigger need right now but what do I know.

Any positive news at all?

JUCO DE Ivy is the only name on the radar right now. Expect to see quite a few new names in the next few weeks. A risky strategy, but occasionally works out.